Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Harmon Creek upstream of Lake Livingston, White bass
Trip Description: Fishing for white bass as they run up Harmon Creek out of Lake Livingston on their spring spawn.
When: Feb 20th, 2023 (day trip)
Where: Harmon Creek Campground
Start time: Arrive at 0730: On the water by 0800
End Time: 1600
Trip Leader: Eric Richardson
Phone: (28I) 3OO (dash) 826I
How to sign up:
1. Call or e-mail the trip leader, Eric Richardson
Cost: $5 kayak launch, or $7 boat launch: Bring cash for the drop box. Along with your launch fee cash, bring an envelope, and a pen, for the “honor box.”
About the area: Chasing white bass as they run up the Trinity River out of Lake Livingston on their spring spawn. A boat or kayak is needed.
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit; Channel 16 on the FRC radio
Recommended Equipment: 5-8wt
Bendbacks, size 4-8
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
3 thoughts on “OUTING: Mon, Feb 20, 2023, Harmon Creek Day trip”
Called the marina today and they said people are catching some white bass from boats. $5 launch fee for kayaks – put in envelope with vehicle license number or take to office.
Good scouting trip – between the five of us we caught over 100 fish. Many species – white bass, black bass, yellow bass, spotted bass, and a large drum.