By joining TFF, you will be fly fishing and learning from some of the best fly fishers in Texas while making a difference to ensure future generations will be able enjoy fly fishing as much as we do.
Texas Fly Fishers is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that focuses on the education of fly fishing and the conservation of the ecosystems where we fish. TFF is an affiliate club to Fly Fishers International (FFI) and the Texas Council of FFI. All of these organizations charter is to increase the awareness of fly fishing by providing education for the art of fly tying and the techniques of fly casting. Our club gives regular classes on these subjects and we also have monthly outings for both fresh and saltwater fly fishing. We also coordinate conservation efforts with other local organizations to ensure our fly fishing ecosystems are protected.
WHAT WE DO
- We host freshwater and saltwater fishing trips, teach casting, fly tying and rod building
- We work to preserve rivers and streams and give back to fly fishing community.
- Based in Houston, Tx, Texas Flyfishers of Houston is an affiliate club of Fly Fishers International (FFI) with over 150 active members.
- TFF meets monthly – Last Tues of each month.
- New to Fly Fishing? No Problem. Come join us and learn the basics.
Fishing and Club Trips
- Local Fly-Fishing Fresh and Saltwater Day Trips
- Overnight Fresh and Saltwater Trips
- Out of state/country trips (Ark, Ok, Montana, etc / Costa Rico, Mexico, etc.)
- Monthly Electronic “Windknots” Newsletter
- Local River Cleanups
- Participate in hatchery programs with local schools
Education (Casting, Fly Tying, Rod Building)
- Casting Clinics & Competitions
- Fly Tying Sessions and Instruction
- Rod Building Classes
- Entomology Classes
Meeting and Other Events
- Monthly Meetings with Guest Speakers covering a variety of topics
- Annual Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival
- Annual Mini Expo
- Summer Picnic & Holiday Party w/Families
What’s it Cost?
- $50.00 per year for a Family membership
- $30.00 per year for an individual
- $15.00 per year for a student