“Due to the incoming tropical depression forecast for this Saturday along with the increased probability of lightning, I feel that it is in our best interest to cancel/postpone the event. We can revisit later in the year and perhaps reschedule then.” MFQ 2020-07-22-0900
Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Shoalwater Bay, Seadrift
Where: Charlie’s Bait camp, 4194 Lane Rd, Seadrift, TX 77983
Start Time: Sat, July 25, sunrise End Time: Sat, July 25, 4pm
Trip Description: Launch out of Charlie’s Bait, Seadrift. Fish Shoalwater Bay. Boat or kayak required. Trip Leader: Michael Quigley
Due to the incoming tropical disturbance and the high probability of thunderstorms (i.e. lightning), I feel it’s in everyone’s best interest to cancel Saturday’s outing & try again another time.
Trip Leader: Michael Quigley
Phone: (7Itree) 2Itree 8I5O
e-mail Michael: mfquigley @ outlook dot com
How to sign up:
1. Email: Michael Quigley
2. Call Michael Quigley
3. Evite Shoalwater Bay for this event.
Cost: Your food, transportation, and lodging fees (if needed).
Directions: See above
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability (TFF RELEASE OF LIABILITY), filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or waterproof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!
• Handheld VHF
• 7-9 wt rod
• food & drink
• Reverse Green Weenies
• Crab flies.
• Most any small, dark fly is worth a shot.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer than the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.