Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Harmon Creek upstream of Lake Livingston, Sand bass
Trip Description: Fishing for white bass as they run up Harmon Creek out of Lake Livingston on their spring spawn.
When: March 25th, 2017
Where: See above
Start See above
End Time: See above
Trip Leader: Marcos Enriquez
Phone: (832) 6 seven won- twenty-four seven-one
e-mail: katmarenriquez (at) sbcglobal (dot) net
How to sign up:
1. E-vite link
2. On the sign-up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. Or e-mail the trip leader. (see above)
How to get waiver forms: Here is the link to the waiver form -> Waiver Form
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: Lodging costs split by number of people in the cabins. Or you can rent a campsite for a tent. Bring some groceries to share. More details later.
Warning: You will not have a bed reserved until you put up the deposit.
Directions:. http://www.harmoncreek.com/directions.html From HOUSTON – Take I-45 North from Houston, to EXIT 113, toward Riverside. Take Hwy. 19, 10.7 Miles, until you come upon Chevron gas Station on right side Then you will TURN LEFT at next crossover onto Wood Farm Road, and FOLLOW THE YELLOW MARINA SIGNS straight to our gates.
About the area: Chasing white bass as they run up the Trinity River out of Lake Livingston on their spring spawn. A boat, or kayak, is needed, or chip in and ride with one of the captains.
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded above)
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Dinner for Friday night should be a group thing, but is still in the works.
• All other meals and snacks
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
Recommended Equipment: 5-8wt with sinking lines
Bendbacks, size 4-8
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
The 3 cabins are not yet reserved. Each cabin has one double bed, a futon, and a loft. The first ones to sign-up get the first choice of beds. The beds are for Friday and Saturday night. $100 per night splint 3-4 ways makes this a very affordable trip.
Double bed – Marcos
Futon – TBD
Loft – Dave W.
Double bed – Mike Q
Futon – TDB.
Loft – TBD
Double bed – Mary-Kay & Skip
Futon – TBD
Loft – TBD