Back to Damon 7 Lakes (2019-11-02-0700)
Trip Description: Come fish for LMB and bluegills with fall weather fully in place at Damon 7 Lakes.
When: November 2nd, 2019 (2019-11-02-0700) date is confirmed
Where: Damon 7 Lakes, Damon, Tx
End Time: TDTF (Too Dark to Fish)
Trip Leader: Tracy Quigley
Phone: (832) 2I2(minus)I965
How to sign up, it will help us with the headcount:
1. Sign Up Here on Evite
2. On the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Required waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT 2019 and here:damon-in-november-2019
Cost: $35 for Texas FlyFishers members with paid up dues. Cost per angler is approved,
Lunch: Starts at noon (12:00) and it is “Pot luck” Bring stuff to share, 6 servings max, and we hope to have a grill hot enough to cook on.
Directions: http://www.mjacompany.com/directions.html (3533 County Rd 4, Damon, TX 77430)
About the area: http://www.mjacompany.com/7lakes.html “Damon’s Seven Lakes is a beautiful one-of-a-kind private fishing club located in Damon, Texas just west of Highway 36 between Rosenburg and West Columbia. Contrary to the name there are now nine different, unique lakes of good size that hold largemouth bass, tiger bass, catfish, black crappie, and bluegill. Catching bass in the three to five pound range is a normal occurrence. Twelve pound bass and channel cats and twelve inch bream have been caught in the last two years.”
• Member dues are current! Or you can pay your dues at this time.
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks (You will need to bring your own lunch for this outing. The cook’s on his day off for this one).
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
Canoe, kayak, or kickboat, (These are not needed, but it is a good time to try stuff out)
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Yellow spider, size 6-12
Miss Prissy or similar small popper
PGPP, size 8-12
SOB, size 6-10
Hare-E, size 10
Squirrelly, size 12
Dark Wooly bugger size 6-12
And I’m sure the list will grow when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the roll-up door.
2 thoughts on “Damon 7 Lakes in November, 2019”
Updated Evite, and D7Ls waivers
Nilufer, Lilly, and I went out to D7Ls yesterday (2019-10-22) to visit with the Arnolds and fish a little. The bass were focused on dragonflies on the surface and dragonfly nymphs subsurface. Killy did a pretty good job of protecting me from the fish by barking, splashing, and charging the water. Even with her diligence, I still landed 2. The tilapia are large, active, and extremely spooky. Mark landed over 40 bluegill on a black leech pattern while we were there. The aquatic vegetation is dying down, opening up more water, and the shorelines are very user friendly. You can tell how much work has gone into the shoreline in the last few months.