Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Trinity River, upstream of Lake Livingston, Sand bass, March 4-6th, 2016
When: March 4-6th, 2016
Where: See above
Start See above
End Time: See above
Trip Leader: Puck
Phone: too ate won dash 865 minus thirty-2 sixteen
e-mail: doncpuckett (at) geemale dot com
Trip Description: Fishing for white bass as they run up the Trinity River out of Lake Livingston on their spring spawn.
How to sign up:
1. Sign-in sheet
2. On the sign-up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. Or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: Lodging costs split by number of people in the cabins. Or you can rent a campsite for a tent. Bring some groceries to share. More details later.
Directions:. http://www.harmoncreek.com/directions.html From HOUSTON – Take I-45 North from Houston, to EXIT 113, toward Riverside. Take Hwy. 19, 10.7 Miles, until you come upon Chevron gas Station on right side Then you will TURN LEFT at next crossover onto Wood Farm Road, and FOLLOW THE YELLOW MARINA SIGNS straight to our gates.
About the area: Chasing white bass as they run up the Trinity River out of Lake Livingston on their spring spawn. A boat, or kayak, is needed, or chip in and ride with one of the captains.
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here)
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Dinner for Friday night should be a group thing, but is still in the works.
• All other meals and snacks
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
Recommended Equipment: 5-8wt with sinking lines
Recommended Flies: Cyperts minnow Bendbacks, size 4-8 Clousers
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
The 3 cabins are now reserved. Each has one double bed, a futon, and a loft. The first ones to sign-up get the first choice of beds. The beds are for Friday and Saturday night. $100 per night splint 3-4 ways makes this a very affordable trip.
Double bed – Puck
Futon – Rene D.
Loft – Charley D.
Double bed – Skip and Mary-Kay
Futon – Russell C.
Loft – OPEN
Double bed – John P.
Futon – Mike Q.
Loft – Dean K.