We have just a few more days until the Anahuac outing on August 29th. Come on out and give Trinity Bay a whirl! You’ll find the usual specks, reds & flounder, plus you might just find a stray striper down from Livingston! For those who haven’t spent much time casting the briny, this is a good, reasonably close by opportunity to give it a go.
2 thoughts on “Anahuac ain’t whack! ”
Texas FlyFishers of Houston
Event: Anahuac Flats – Trinity Bay
When: August 29th
Where: Ft Anahuac Park
End Time: 2:30
Trip Leader: MFQ/Puck
Phone: Seven one three-213-ocho uno cinco cero
e-mail: MFQuigley at yahoo dot com
Trip Description: Grab the yaks & boats, we are hitting the marshes and flats around Anahuac. Afterwards, we can meet up for lunch at one of the local establishments.
How to sign up: Contact the leaders
Cost: none known
Directions: To Anahuac boat ramp https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Houston,+TX/29.7550368,-email@example.com,-94.6921655,1069m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x8640b8b4488d8501:0xca0d02def365053b!2m2!1d-95.3698028!2d29.7604267!1m0!3e0
About the area: Flats, spoil islands and some grasses. You will cross deeper boat channels so wear a life jacket!
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
Recommended Equipment: 7-9 wt.
Recommended Flies: Clousers, seaducers, bendback, redfish cracks
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
13 made the trip, and Q is working on the write-up.