Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: West Galveston Bay Day Trip
MUST HAVE: Kayak and/or Boat
When: Saturday, March 20 7:30 am meeting time at Waterman Marina and Bait Camp
Where: Waterman Marina and Bait Camp
Start Time: Sat, March 20, Meet at the dock at 7:30 am
End Time: Sat, March 20, afternoon
Trip Leader: Howard Finley
Phone/text: tree O4 6IO 4two two7
e-mail: fixerman1000 (at) aol (dot) com
The Club’s normal location for put-in to fish San Luis Pass, San Luis Pass Park, is closed to boat launches due to dredging the cove by the boat ramp. You may recall that area was very shallow even for kayakers. So for this outing we’ll try a new location, which is open for both boaters and kayakers.
Start Time: 7:30 AM
End Time: 4:00 PM
Waterman Marina and Bait Camp
14302 Stewart Rd
Galveston, TX 77554
Trip Leader – Howard Finley (Could be Q for the boaters too)
Kayak Fishers will be able to fish several locations including: Lake Como, Dana Cove or Dalehite Cove. More Details can be found in the Hook-N-Line Fishing Map # F103 for: West Galveston Bay.
How to sign up:
1. Call Howard Finley (see above)
2. E-mail the trip leader (see above)
Required: Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. How to get waiver forms: Download Waiver form
Directions: Enter Waterman’s Marina into Goggle Maps (Stewart Road)
Address: 14302 Stewart Rd, Galveston, TX 77554
- Member dues are current!
- Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
- Extra change of dry clothes
- Wind and/or water proof jacket
- Lunch, Water, snacks
- Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
- Hat, Polarized Glasses
- First Aid Kit
- Drinking water!
Handheld VHF (Channel 69 or trip leader preference)
7-9 wt. rod
Food and Drink – You will be responsible for your own lunch. Remember to bring plenty of Water, Propel, Gator Aid.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
- Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns • If inexperienced, then buddy up.
- Have proper safety equipment
- If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
- Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.