Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: San Luis Pass Day Trip
MUST HAVE: Kayak and/or Boat
When: Saturday, Oct 3, 7am meeting time at San Luis Pass County Park
Where: San Luis Pass County Park,
Start Time: Sat, Oct 3, Meet at the dock at 7am for a 7:15am launch (7:15am sunrise)
End Time: Sat, Oct 3, afternoon
Trip Leader: Howard Finley
Phone/text: tree O4 6IO 4two two7
e-mail: fixerman1000 (at) aol (dot) com
Meet at San Luis Pass County Park for a day of paddling or boating, chasing specs/reds/ etc etc. Meeting time is 7am, targeting a 7:15am departure from the dock. (Sunrise at 7:15am)
How to sign up:
1. Call Howard Finley
2. E-mail the trip leader.
Required: Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. How to get waiver forms: Download Waiver form
Directions: Enter San Luis Pass County Park into Google Maps
Address: County Road 257, Freeport, Tx 77541
- Member dues are current!
- Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
- Extra change of dry clothes
- Wind and/or water proof jacket
- Lunch, Water, snacks
- Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
- Hat, Polarized Glasses
- First Aid Kit
- Drinking water!
Handheld VHF (Channel 69 or trip leader preference)
7-9 wt. rod
Food and Drink – You will be responsible for your own lunch. Remember to bring plenty of Water, Propel, Gator Aid.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
- Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns • If inexperienced, then buddy up.
- Have proper safety equipment
- If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
- Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.