Our August Saltwater outing will be fishing Trinity Bay out of Anahuac. We will meet at Ft. Anahuac park at 7:30(ish) and hit the flats in the area. This is a great kayak outing, but if you have a boat, bring it and join the fun! Come on out and give Trinity Bay a whirl!
Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Anahuac – Trinity Bay
When: 19th of August 2017
Where: Fort Anahuac Park, Anahuac, TX
Start Time: 0730 (give the vampires time to go to bed)
End Time: 1630 or so
Trip Leader: Michael Quigley
e-mail: mfquigley at yahoo dot com
You’ll find the usual specks, reds & flounder, plus you might just find a stray striper down from Livingston! For those who haven’t spent much time casting the briny, this is a good, reasonably close by opportunity to give it a go.
How to sign up:
1. Evite link
2. E-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download Waiver form here. Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: Your food, transportation, and lodging/camping fees.
Directions: See link above
About the area:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket • Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!
7-9 wt rod
food & drink
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.