Trip Description: Float the South Llano River, targeting Guadalupe Bass, Rio Grand Perch, and feisty sunfish. Three days fishing out of Bon Ton Roulet Campground (for 2019).
- Day 1: The first meeting of the trip will be at: Bon Ton Roulet Cabins, 171 KC 150, Junction, Texas, 76849. We’ll meet at this area getting our casting skills honed, and practicing with various flies. Bratwurst on the grill for dinner at our camp.
- Day 2: Launch from second crossing US-377 down to KC150. This is just a little over 3 miles of water, and is very easy to get a lot of good fishing in.
Start: 30.362156, -99.889391 End: 30.393194,-99.881807
- Day 3: First crossing bridge where the river crosses US 377. We will fish downstream to the second crossing. Or we could retrace our steps from day 2.
Limited to 10 spots in the cabins. Deposit for lodging locks the spot.
Tent camping is still available, and encouraged.
- Directions: : Bon Ton Roulet Cabins, 171 KC 150, Junction, Texas, 76849
About the area:
Southwest Paddlers description
Texas Kayak Fisher’s description
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!
Canoe or kayak
Neoprene or canvas boots to prevent burned feet
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Spare GPS batteries
Yellow spider, size 6-12
Miss Prissy or similar small popper
PGPP, size 8-12
SOB, size 6-10
Hare-E, size 10
Squirrelly, size 12
Dark Wooly bugger size 6-12
And I’m sure the list will grow when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
One thought on “South Llano River”
[…] South Llano River […]