- Here’s What’s Coming Up! – February Monthly Meeting, Education, Casting, Conservation
- Outreach – Reel Recovery, Project Healing Waters
- Trout in the Classroom – 2019
- Mark Your Calendars – 2019 Club Activities Calendar – February thru April
- 27th Annual Dr. Ed Rizzolo Fly Tying Festival Review
- Members Outings Report – Louisiana Jumbo Redfish, Lagniappe
- For Sale by Member – Custom Fly Rod by Joe Nicklo
- Fly of The Month – The Redfish Merlot
4 thoughts on “Windknots – February 2019”
I enjoyed Clint Barghi’s talk on moon cycles effect on the feeding habits of fish, at the february meeting. I also picked up a copy of “Doug Hannon’s Field Guide for Bass Fishing” circa 1980 at the take a book, leave a book table. Doug addresses the moon’s influence, based on 48 months of detailed on the water full time research, with over 300 bass caught. Doug created and sold a solar lunar circular slide ruler to calculate the best times to go fishing due to the moon cycle. That 2019 edition calculator is for sale for $9.95 at https://datasportinc.com/shop/2019-doug-hannon-moon-clock/.
I’m not trying to promote a product, but trying to reinforce what we learned from Clint’s presentation, with some another reference.
Wondering if I can still attend the fly-fishing academy. Didn’t get an opportunity to make the first meeting
I would suggest showing up to the next meeting and see if there’s space.
Mark, If you come to this Tuesday’s class, you can sign up and pick up the class. Get there a little early.