Colorado River at Columbus (2018-Sept-29: 0630am)
Trip Description: Float the Colorado River from Howell Canoe Livery to Beason’s Park, approximately 5-6 river miles for LMB and bluegills.When: Sept 29, 2018 (2018-09-29: 0630am)
Where: Howell Canoe Livery, 804 Robson St, Columbus 78934
End Time: Target no later than 2pm
Trip Leader: John Eldred
Phone: (9O7) treeO1 (dash) tree-fife-n1ne-fife
How to sign up:
1. Sign Up Here
2. or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Required waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. Download Waiver form here
Cost: $5 for Texas FlyFishers members with paid up dues. Cost per angler is to cover shuttle service.
Lunch: Bring your own lunch, drinks, etc etc
Directions: Howell Canoe Livery (804 Robson St, Columbus. TX 78934)
About the area: We will meet at Howell’s Canoe Livery at 630am, targeting to be on the water between 7-730. The float will end at Beason’s Park, approximately 5-6 river miles away. Depending on fishing and weather, we will most likely be done by not much after 12 noon. (target no later than 2pm)
Here is a link to an old article about the float…no fishing info, but worth the read:
The Colorado River is a slow moving body of water, which should present lot of opportunities to keep the fly wet. Catching will be dependent on water quality, but we will have a good day regardless.
• Member dues are current! Or you can pay your dues at this time.
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks (You will need to bring your own lunch for this outing.
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
Canoe or kayak
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Looking for recommendations.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.