Come have fun and learn to Fly Fish at a super affordable price! Great instruction by fly fishing Reading Water and IFFF Casting Instructors and White River Guides.
1st Session – April 8th, 9th & 10th , 2016
2nd Session – April 29th, 30th and May 1st, 2016
I got this from the IFFF Southern Council (Puck)
Please forward this to anyone you feel would be interested.
There will be 12 – 14 spots per session. Both sessions cover the same information. The School will be held at Riverside Retreat on the White River in Ozark Mountains of north central Arkansas. Price includes all instruction, guide time, lodging and meals. Cost is $495 per person.
Due the fact that lodging, guiding and instruction time is being donated by
instructors free, and lodging and meals are discounted, reserving your spot requires a nonrefundable purchase.* See the details about that at the bottom of the page.
The school will be for those anglers who are brand new to fly fishing up to those with advanced intermediate skills who want to make their time on the water more productive. That means ‘catch more fish!
See an itinerary here: 2016 Fly Fishing Schools
- Casting instruction from IFFF Certified Casting Instructors, who will give you new skills, refine your current skills, and teach you new ‘fishing casts’ to help you catch more fish.
- Two half days of guided fishing where you will practice techniques that will catch fish. During these guided fishing trips you will learn how and where to: catch fish on streamers, dry flies, nymphs, and wet flies while fishing rivers and streams. You will be accompanied by a guide who is very qualified and we will show you how to catch fish. We will demonstrate and you will practice techniques taught earlier in the classroom.
- Information geared to help you catch fish! The focus of this learning opportunity is to pass on knowledge that will help you catch fish, or more fish, or larger fish. We do not spend your time covering simple things you can learn on the internet, such as info. on rods, reels, knots, wading safety, basic flyline rigging and the like. We do teach you:
· how to read a river
· 3 knots you need (for novices only)
· playing, landing & handling fish
· steamer fishing techniques
· dry fly presentation techniques
· fishing nymphs productively
· how to fish wet flies
- Two nights lodging in the White River Lodge at Riverside Retreat, on the White River just south of Norfork, AR.
- All your meals (Friday evening through Sunday’s brunch) and we’re treating you to a steak dinner cookout White River Lodge Kitchen on Saturday night!
- We’ll furnish any gear you may need. Just let us know in advance if you need a rod/reel or other gear. Bring your own if you have it, but if you need something, we can get just about anything for you, except waders.
- Personalized, private instruction. Great Guide/Instructor to student ratio. You will receive personal instruction directed at exactly what you require or request. This is not a ‘cookie cutter’ experience.
- You will receive a handout (pdf document) containing all information covered.
All the above for only $495 per person and the IFFF Southern Council will receive $100 donation for each participant. Compare this to one day of guiding fishing at $400 and you will understand the great value offered here! Why so inexpensive? The IFFF Southern Council and Riverside Retreat wanted to partner up and offer an affordable alternative to private fly schools that cost $350 – $500 per day! How can we do it? The dates chosen are generally a slow booking period just after the rush of spring break vacations and the instructors and guides generously donate their time. Fly Fishing isn’t difficult and we want to make it fun and accessible without it costing a small fortune.
$495 per person price assumes double occupancy of one bedroom. Single occupancy cost is $750. If you bring a guest with you who will not attend the school, the for them cost will be $250 and will include food and lodging. If you are local or wish to lodge elsewhere the cost is $400.
Children under 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult. If you have to come in a little late or leave a little early, that’s OK.
This will be a rain or shine event! If anyone desires to add on additional nights to their stay (before or after the school) it can be arranged. Additional nights will be offered at our lowest ‘5-night rate’. If you would like to schedule a Guided Fishing Trip before or after the school just give me a call. If I’m already booked I can recommend other guides.
The White River Lodge is 2,500 square feet and has 6 bedrooms; each bedroom has its own full private bath. There are 2 fully furnished kitchens, 2 dining areas, 2 comfortable sitting/TV areas. There is a front porch for outdoor seating. The Lodge has plenty of common space to enjoy sitting and visiting with other guests, but your bedroom and bathroom will be private. If 2 people who know each other, attend together, they will be roomed together. If a single signs up and wishes to pay $495 they will be roomed with another single. We have other lodging options available at an up-charge. Call for additional information.
Chris Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org 870 499-3056
Riverside Retreat www.whiteriverresort.com
Sorry guys. No forum yet.