We are putting together a group trip to go to Silver King Lodge in Costa Rica for 4 days of Tarpon and back country fishing. SKL has offered special pricing to the club to help promote the lodge, help the local guides and staff. We have 8 cabins reserved for up to 16 anglers.
Information about the lodge:
Silver King Lodge is the finest giant tarpon fishing lodge in the world. The area has year-round resident tarpon and is one of the best tarpon fisheries in the world. The Lodge is located on the Caribbean coast at the mouth of the Rio Colorado. You will fish from 23-foot boats custom made on site. SKL provides equipment for bait, plug and fly fishermen. Fishing the nearby lagoons for a day or half day is also an option, giving your arms a respite from the 100lb + tarpon, and getting a chance to see more of the Costa Rican wildlife. Your stay will include all meals, beer, wine, and liquor (except call brands). Meals are served buffet style with cooked to order dishes for breakfast. Guestrooms are spacious and air conditioned. The lodge has a pool and Jacuzzi free for use. This is open to all members and friends of members who are willing to join the club for the $30. Membership.
The cost of the trip is $2595 for 4 full days fishing and 5 nights lodging. The normal rate is over $3700 (double occupancy)
First, March 31, 2022 – $1000
Second, June 31, 2022 – $1000
Final, August 15, 2022 – $595
TRIP INCLUSION AND EXCLUSION
- Ground transportation between terminals in San Jose
- Lodging for 5 nights at SKL in spacious, air-conditioned rooms (double occupancy)
- Professional Guide Service
- All meals
- Open bar with all standard liquor, beer, and wine / Premium spirits are $5
- Daily laundry service (only need 2 -3 days fishing clothes and 1 day of travel clothes)
- Four days of guided fishing (two anglers per boat)
- Free Wi/Fi
- All local taxes
- Flight from USA to San Jose Costa Rica
- Cost of overnight stay hotel in San Jose if needed (not currently planned).
- Personal extras, including Massages (available at SKL upon request), souvenirs, etc.
- Tips for guides and lodge staff = Recommended $325 per angler ($200 per angler for guide and $125 for staff split according to services) if we have an odd number the trip leader will pick up the extra tip for the guide.
- The purchase of travel insurance for this trip is encouraged.
10/21/22 – Morning direct flight IAH – SJO (San Jose Cr) arriving by 1PM.
10/21/22 – Transfer to the local in country terminal, Charter flight to Barra del Colorado airport.
10/22/22 – 10/25/22 – 4 full days fishing
10/26/22 – AM Charter flight to San Jose – Return to USA on afternoon flight.
Trip Leader – Tim Stokley – tstokley65(at)icloud(dot)com – 83(two)-(four)(five)9-38(five)(one)
Trip Coleader – Don Puckett – doncpuckett(at)gmail(dot)com
Club Members that have been to the lodge if you have questions about fishing or the lodge
|Name||Role||Deposit number||Room or cabin|