We are putting together a group trip to go to Silver King Lodge in Costa Rica for 4 days of Tarpon and back country fishing. SKL has offered special pricing to the club to help promote the lodge, help the local guides and staff. We have 8 cabins reserved for up to 16 anglers.
Information about the lodge:
Silver King Lodge is the finest giant tarpon fishing lodge in the world. The area has year-round resident tarpon and is one of the best tarpon fisheries in the world. The Lodge is located on the Caribbean coast at the mouth of the Rio Colorado. You will fish from 23-foot boats custom made on site. SKL provides equipment for bait, plug and fly fishermen. Fishing the nearby lagoons for a day or half day is also an option, giving your arms a respite from the 100lb + tarpon, and getting a chance to see more of the Costa Rican wildlife. Your stay will include all meals, beer, wine, and liquor (except call brands). Meals are served buffet style with cooked to order dishes for breakfast. Guestrooms are spacious and air conditioned. The lodge has a pool and Jacuzzi free for use. This is open to all members and friends of members who are willing to join the club for the $30. Membership.
The cost of the trip is $2400 for 4 full days fishing and 5 nights lodging. The normal rate is over $3700 (double occupancy)
First, March 31, 2022 – $1000
Final, August 15, 2022 – $1400
TRIP INCLUSION AND EXCLUSION
- Ground transportation between terminals in San Jose
- Lodging for 5 nights at SKL in spacious, air-conditioned rooms (double occupancy)
- Professional Guide Service
- All meals
- Open bar with all standard liquor, beer, and wine / Premium spirits are $5
- Daily laundry service (only need 2 -3 days fishing clothes and 1 day of travel clothes)
- Four days of guided fishing (two anglers per boat)
- Free Wi/Fi
- All local taxes
- Flight from USA to San Jose Costa Rica
- Cost of overnight stay hotel in San Jose if needed (not currently planned).
- Personal extras, including Massages (available at SKL upon request), souvenirs, etc.
- Tips for guides and lodge staff = Recommended $325 per angler ($200 per angler for guide and $125 for staff split according to services) if we have an odd number the trip leader will pick up the extra tip for the guide.
- The purchase of travel insurance for this trip is encouraged.
- *Fuel surcharge due to the recent rise in fuel cost this has been added expected to be $200 – $250 per angler. the lodge is paying +$3 per gallon at this time 3/14/22
10/21/22 – Morning direct flight IAH – SJO (San Jose Cr) arriving by 1PM.
10/21/22 – Transfer to local hotel.
10/22/22 – Transfer to airport, Charter flight to Barra del Colorado airport, breakfast, fishing by 8:00 AM
10/22/22 – 10/25/22 – 4 days fishing
10/26/22 – AM Charter flight to San Jose – Return to USA on afternoon flight.
Trip Leader – Tim Stokley – tstokley65(at)icloud(dot)com – 83(two)-(four)(five)9-38(five)(one)
Trip Coleader – Don Puckett – doncpuckett(at)gmail(dot)com
Club Members that have been to the lodge if you have questions about fishing or the lodge
|Name||Role||Deposit number||Room or cabin|
8 thoughts on “Costa Rica Tarpon Fishing Trip October 22-25, 2022”
I’m in Sounds like a blast, and a bargain at that price.
Awesome send me an email and I will sign you up
LikeLiked by 1 person
How many spots available for SKL trip in October. I am very interested
I’m very interested.
email me direct or call I can tell you all about the lodge and the fishing I have been twice and know the trip and logistics well.
Below is a report from a Silver King guest from yesterday:
“Balvin, is a 5 star guide, he took very good care of us. We hooked probably 50 to 70 tarpon, lost count; got 6 to 10 to the back of the boat. After day 1 we were aok with a few jumps and early releases”.
FROM GUEST THAT LEFT YESTERDAY
I’ve answered every email that came to me, and kept Tim in the loop. I’m tying flies for the trip now. “Puck”
We have 3 available spots for a total of 18