MUST HAVE: Kayak and/or Boat (or ride with someone in their boat)
Where: Stingaree Marina 1295 N Stingaree Rd, Crystal Beach, TX 77650
Start Time: 07:30 am Saturday morning, 02 April 2022, (2022-04-02-0730)
Trip Leader: Puck
Phone: (28I) 865(dash)32I6
Trip Description: This is not a wading or fish from the bank trip. It is a kayak and/or boat event. Most of us will launch from the Stingaree Marina and fish within a 1 to 2 mile radius. Entry to Marshes – The nearby marsh should be filled with redfish and flounder and even large black drum for those who wish to go on a Texas sleigh ride! Straight out from the marina launch then left into the marsh 1/3 mile. The other marsh, on the same side is less than a mile away, and have proven to be worth the extra distance. Take a right (half circle) from the launch and stay to the right side on the intercoastal .5 to 1.5 miles, or cross the intercoastal directly across from the marina and going NNE 1 mile (Yates Cove) or another marsh entry .7 miles further.
Stingaree Marina Google Map – Marsh Area https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-94.616932,1571m/data=!3m1!1e3
Cost includes: Launch fee at the marina. $5
Directions: See link above
About the area: There is a Donut, Grocery, Gas, Fishing Stuff near by. There are other Restaurants on Bolivar (Check Google Maps)
- Member dues are current!
- Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
- Extra change of dry clothes
- Wind and/or water proof jacket
- Lunch, Water, snacks
- Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
- Hat, Polarized Glasses
- First Aid Kit
- Drinking water!
Handheld VHF (Channel 69)
7-9 wt. rod
Food and Drink – You will be responsible for your own lunch. You can get a great burger at the Stingaree Bar downstairs. Remember to bring plenty of Water, Propel, Gator Aid.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
- Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns • If inexperienced, then buddy up.
- Have proper safety equipment
- If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
- Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
Map and Directions:
From Houston to Stingaree Marina and Beach House Via I-10 E https://goo.gl/maps/M9QzqQNo7692