Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Harmon Creek Campground and Marina: upstream of Lake Livingston, White bass
Trip Description: Fishing for white bass as they run up Harmon Creek out of Lake Livingston on their spring spawn. Cabins (and tent sites) available for Fri and Sat (11-12). Will overnight on Friday and Sat, fishing on Sat. (and Sunday for the hardcore fishers). Advance, non-refundable payment required for space in the cabin (s). Saturday night Pot Luck dinner. Tent camping available; Make your own reservations thru Harmon Creek Campground.
When: March 11-13th, 2022
Where: Harmon Creek Campground, 14 Marina Point Drive, Huntsville, Tx 77320;
(nine 36) 2 nine I – 64O6
Start time: 0800 Fri
End Time: 1200 Sun
Trip Leader: John Eldred
Phone: 9O7 3OI 3595
e-mail: john.eldred03 (at) gmail (dot) com
How to sign up:
1. Evite link here
2. Or call / e-mail the trip leader. (see above)
How to get waiver forms: Here is the link to the waiver form
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: $5 kayak launch, $7 boat launch
About the area: Chasing white bass as they run up the Trinity River out of Lake Livingston on their spring spawn. A boat, or kayak, is needed, or chip in and ride with one of the captains.
Camping Arrangements: (Payment required upfront and non-refundable)
Note: The below covers both Fri/Sat. Nights will not be split.
TENT CAMPING AVAILABLE: Make your own arrangements thru Harmon Creek Campground (nine 36) 2nine I 64O6
Cabin 1 (Closest to shop):
Double bed – $150 Michael Quigley
Futon – $100 – Larry McCarver
Cabin 2 (Second from shop): – OUT OF COMMISSION
Cabin 3 A Frame: Third from shop – OUT OF COMMISSION
Cabin 4 A Frame: Fourth from shop.
Double bed – $150 – Gary Burns
Futon – $100 – Scott Fossum
Cabin 5 A Frame (Closest to gate):
Double bed – $150 – Glen Wells
Futon – $100 – Russel Cowart
John Eldred, Eric Richardson, Ken Kosut
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded above)
• POT LUCK dinner Saturday Night; Friday night on your own. Breakfasts and lunches on your own. We will have coffee
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
Recommended Equipment: 4-8 wt with floating or sinking lines
Bendbacks, size 4-8
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
One thought on “March 11-13th 2022, Harmon Creek Campground and Marina”
I will be there Saturday and Sunday at 7-7:30 am. Look forward to it.