Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Prison Permit Invitational
When: February 22, 2020
Where: Matagorda Harbor, County Road 213, Matagorda, TX 77457, USA
Start Time: Sat, Feb 22 End Time: 4pm, Sat, Feb 22
Trip Description: The convicts are on the loose again and we need your help rounding them up! It’s time for the annual Prison Permit Invitational…we will meet at either Matagorda Harbor or Sargent on Sat, Feb 22 in the morning. (time to be determined) Fish and meet back at the launch area at 4pm. NOTE: This is a boat and wade fishing only trip. You must be physically able to “climb” out of a boat and wade fish. More details to come on available boats as the date gets closer.
Trip Leader: Mike “Golden” Graham (John Eldred coordinating)
Phone: MIKE: 832-dos-nueve-ocho-three-eight-five-five JOHN: 9O7 3O1 3595
e-mail: MIKE: mgraham-rrsm at comcast dot net JOHN: john.eldredO3@gmale dot com
How to sign up:
1. Email John Eldred or Mike Graham
2. Call John Eldred or Mike Graham
3. Evite will not be set up for this event.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: Your food, transportation, and lodging fees.
Directions: See link above
About the area: East Matagorda Bay. Some firm bottom, but also some muck/marsh.Lots of shell reefs, so be careful!!
Kayaks can easily be launched at Rawling’s Cut, just down the road from where we are staying. Boat launch to kayak launch
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded above)
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or waterproof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!
• Handheld VHF
• 7-9 wt rod
• food & drink
• Reverse Green Weenies
• Crab flies.
• Most any small, dark fly is worth a shot.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer than the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
2 thoughts on “Prison Permit Invitational, 2020”
Sorry, I want make it this trip…
I haven’t seen any stories, except one, about a boat not being able to get to the fishing grounds.
Are there any fishing reports from this trip. Who made it? What was caught? What fly worked?