Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Bolivar Marshes – Stingaree Marina
MUST HAVE: Kayak and/or Boat
When: Saturday, March 30, 2019, 8 am at Stingaree Marina
* Stingaree Marina 1295 N Stingaree Rd, Crystal Beach, TX 77650
Start Time: March 30, 2019, 8am
End Time: March 30, 2019, 5:00pm
Trip Leader: Don Puck Puckett
Phone/text: 2ate1 ate65 tree2I6
Entry to Marshes – The nearby marsh should be filled with redfish and flounder and even large black drum for those who wish to go on a Texas sleigh ride!
Straight out from the marina launch then left into the marsh 1/3 mile
Take a right (half circle) from the launch and stay to the right side on the intercoastal .5 to 1.5 miles
Cross the intercoastal directly across from the marina and going NNE 1 mile (Yates Cove) or another marsh entry .7 miles further.
Stingaree Marina Google Map – Marsh Area https://email@example.com,-94.616932,1571m/data=!3m1!1e3
More details will be posted as they are available.
How to sign up:
1. Call Puck Puckett
2. E-mail the trip leader.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. How to get waiver forms: Download Waiver form
Directions: See link above
About the area: There is a Donut, Grocery, Gas, Fishing Stuff near by. There are other Restaurant on Bolivar (Check Google Maps)
- Member dues are current!
- Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
- Extra change of dry clothes
- Wind and/or water proof jacket
- Lunch, Water, snacks
- Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
- Hat, Polarized Glasses
- First Aid Kit
- Drinking water!
Handheld VHF (Channel 69)
7-9 wt. rod
Food and Drink – You will be responsible for your own lunch. You can get a great burger at the Stingaree Bar downstairs. Remember to bring plenty of Water, Propel, Gator Aid.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
- Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns • If inexperienced, then buddy up.
- Have proper safety equipment
- If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
- Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
Map and Directions:
From Houston to Beach House Via I-45 through Galveston https://goo.gl/maps/navCKFgcxnD2 From Houston to Stingaree Marina and Beach House Via I-10 E https://goo.gl/maps/M9QzqQNo7692 From Stingaree to Beach House https://goo.gl/maps/LLQdZLkHS9s