Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Louie’s Bait Camp
When: 23rd of January, 2016
Where: 3510 TX-6, Hitchcock, TX 77563
Start Time: 7:30 AM
End Time: When we get bored or 3 PM, whichever is first.
Trip Leader: MFQ
e-mail: mfquigley at yahoo dot com
We will be meeting up at Louie’s Bait Camp 3510 TX-6, Hitchcock, TX 77563 at 7:30 that Saturday morning for our first Saltwater outing of the year. Either a kayak or a boat (or a friend with a boat) is strongly recommended. We will fish until we get bored. There is a $5 (or so) launch fee. Afterwards, we can grab a burger & beer at their restaurant.
How to sign up: 1. Go to Evite 2. e-mail the trip leader. or just show up
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: Your food, transportation, and lodging/camping fees.
Directions: Address is above. Google maps is your friend!!
About the area: West Bay. If you have a tall boat, you’ll have a hard time clearing the RR bridge.
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket • Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!
7-9 wt rod
food & drink
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
3 thoughts on “Louie’s Bait Camp – January 23rd”
While the time says “7:30”, I wouldn’t worry too much about that. I will be down there around that time, but I won’t launch until 8-8:30. I tried ice fishing once. I see no reason to do it again!!
My boat it’s open for one person now that being said I will meet up with everyone but I have to launch some where different
I’ll have a skiff with room for one more