Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Prison Permit Invitational
When: 12th of March 2016
Start Time: 7:30 AM
End Time: When we get bored or 3 PM, whichever is first.
Trip Leader: Mike “Golden” Graham
e-mail: mgraham-rrsm at comcast dot net
The convicts are on the loose again and we need your help rounding them up! It’s time for the annual Prison Permit Invitational. We will meet up at the park across the ICW at 7:30 and spend the day chasing those pesky convicts (sheepsheads). The angler with the most captured convicts is named head warden for the year.
How to sign up: 1. Evite (Preferred) 2. E-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: Your food, transportation, and lodging/camping fees.
Directions: See link above
About the area: East Matagorda Bay. Some firm bottom, but also some muck/marsh.Lots of shell reefs, so be careful!!
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket • Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!
7-9 wt rod
food & drink
Reverse Green Weenies
Most any small, dark fly is worth a shot.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.