Designed and presented by Don Puckett
- Mustad 3407 size 6-2/0
- Size “A” rod wrapping thread, color to match mylar
- Bucktail, one light color, followed by a dark. In this example I am using purple over white.
- Mylar to fit hook size. In this example I am using pearl.
- Stick-on eyes. Color of choice.
- Sealant style glue. CCG, booger glue, Goop ®, Loon head, etc.
Video instructions: SCE Shad
- Wrap hook with thread
- Place light bucktail halfway down shaft of hook, and tie in
- Place a sparse bunch of dark bucktail in front of light, and tie off.
- Pull threads from Mylar and flatten, cut the back at a slight angle to allow the mylar to clear the hook gap.
- Tie down in the front, and tie off.
- Place eyes and seal the entire front 1/3 of the fly. In this example I am using booger glue.