Event: Lavaca River, Jan 23 (postponed from Jan 9)
Trip Description: Recent Jan 7th report has the Lavaca River high, muddy, and full of fresh water. Not good conditions. We will postponed to Sat, Jan 23.
Fish the Lavaca River near Lolita, Tx. We will launch at the FM 616 boat ramp just west of Lolita, Tx. Boats are preferable, but kayak fishing also available. A variety of species inhabit this water, to include those typically thought of as saltwater. Photo proof of the number of species, length etc. This will allow bragging rights later. Trip lead: Michael Quigley, Don Hanselman
When: Jan 23, meet at 7:30 am targeting departure at 8am.
Where: Meet at FM 616 boat ramp, Lolita TX. Easily accessible out of Lolita, TX Google map .
End Time: 1700
Trip Leader: Michael Quigley and Don Hanselman
Phone (Don): (713) 8I6(dash) O ate ate for; (Michael): (713) 2I3(dash) ate I 5 O
e-mail: (Don) drh1221drh (at) yahoo (dot) com; (Michael) mfquigley(at)outlook(dot)com
How to sign up:
1. Evite link (Click Here)
2. E-mail or call the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download Waiver form here
Cost: Personal expenses and transportation
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Current Texas Fishing License
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wide brimmed hat AND polarized glasses
Recommended Equipment: Boat, canoe or kayak. All will work in this water.
Recommended Flies: Clousers, poppers, RFC, Small streamers, Gurglers, etc.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.