Nov. 15, 2020; 6-9 pm Live Auction hosted on-line
The Texas Flyfishers of Houston
Annual Live Auction Event for 2020
Zoom Meeting Details: Meeting ID: 894 1739 7147; Passcode: 302982
The below items will be auctioned live, with auctioneer Don “Puck” Puckett at the lead. The items include are variety of local and international trips, impressive equipment, outstanding artwork, and lessons to improve your fly casting ability.
Live Auction Items (as of Nov 11, 2020)
- Freshwater trip to Hamon Creek, Yegua Creek, or Nueces River during 2021 white bass run: Marcos Enriquez – Longtime member and past President of the Texas FlyFishers of
Houston; Gear will be provided (rod, reel and flies); Will arrange transport to and from the water. Trip will also include lunch and beverage. Trip must be done during late winter /early spring of 2021.
- Capt. Stacy Lynn – Guided “Learn and Fish” Lesson, Rockport, Texas
Details: Click here; 1 full day (8 Hour) guided saltwater “fly fishing lesson” trip from Stacy’s Technical Poling Skiff on the water.
- Capt. Jeff Johnson – Rockport, Texas Details: Click here: 1 full day of guided flats fishing in the Rockport area, for 1 or 2 anglers, Fly or Light Tackle; Good for all of 2021; $650 value
- South Texas Snook with Capt. Mark Machado – Fish the Brownsville Ship Channel, targeting snook and other inshore species; 1 day guided fishing for 1 or 2 anglers, in the Brownsville Ship Channel ; Fly or light tackle; Good for all of 2021; $600 Value; Details: Click here
- Hill Country Rivers with Kevin Hutchison – Hill Country Fly Fishers, Smithville, Texas. “Think Globally, Fish Locally”. At Hill Country Fly Fishers, we strive to make every fishing trip unique. Each trip is individually tailored to meet your needs so that you experience the best fishing action possible; 1 full day guided fishing in the Texas Hill Country; For 1 or 2 anglers; Target Species are largemouth and Guadalupe bass, Bluegill and other varieties of sunfish, gar, catfish and other mystery species. Good for all of 2021 season; $450 value Details: Click here
- Don “Puck” Puckett – A day of Bass fishing at Damon 7 Lakes
1 full day guided fly fishing trip for 1 person for largemouth bass at Damon 7 Lakes, Damon, Texas, Two trips available (One trip available on the live auction; one available on-line auction)
- Fish Locally with Metro Anglers with Mark Marmon; ½ day guided fishing for 1 angler; Houston bayou fly fishing ; Good for all of 2021; Details: click here
- John Eldred – A day of freshwater fishing at Damon 7 Lakes, Lake Raven, or Harmon Creek (white bass run); Full day guided fly fishing trip for 1 person for freshwater species at Damon 7 Lakes, Damon, Texas, Lake Raven-Huntsville St. Park, or the Spring 2021 Harmon Creek white bass run. Lunch, drinks, flies, (rod/reel if needed) provided
Your own Kayak preferable, but can discuss
- Golden Dorado Fishing in Uruguay (Black River Outfitters)
For 2 Anglers 3 Nights/3 Days (3 fishing days)AT TANGO LODGE PAYSANDÚ URUGUAYDetails: click here. One trip available on the live auction; three available on-line auction
Good for all of 2022; $5880 value. Minimum reserve: $2120; Opening bid: $2300. Trip insurance is recommended to be purchased by the winning bidder.
- Dove Hunting in Uruguay (Black River Outfitters)
For 2 Hunters 3 Nights/3 Days (6 hunts) at TANGO LODGE PAYSANDÚ URUGUAYDetails: click here. One trip available on the live auction; three available on-line auction
Good for all of 2022; $4880 value. Minimum reserve: $1800; Opening bid: $2000. Trip insurance is recommended to be purchased by the winning bidder.
- Guided Trip by Andy Pfannkuche
Two day guided fly fishing trip in the Lower Laguna Madre with Captain Andrew Pfannkuche
Details: click here. Good for all of 2021; Value of: $1,200; One available on the live auction; one available on-line auction.
- Silver King Lodge Giant Tarpon Fishing trip in Barra Colorado, Costa Rica; Details: click here. For two anglers, 3 nights/3 days (fishing days), One trip available on the live auction; one available on-line auction; Good thru 2022; $6170 value. Trip insurance is recommended to be purchased by the winning bidder.
- “Steve Whitlock’s Game Fish Art
Donated by artist Steve Whitlock. Trying to find something for that angler in your life who has everything? TFFoH may just have what you’re looking for! Steve Whitlock’s location specific game fish scenes on navigational charts, detailed pencil & acrylic fish illustrations, and beautiful fine art fish paintings: Four Framed pieces available; : Details: click here
- Painting of Pelican. Painted by Club Member Don Hanselman, this beautiful piece of art would look good in a beach house, den, study or person cave! This is an acrylic painting on wood.
Details: click here.
- 3 Piece Redfish Framed Artwork by David Danforth Donated by John Purcell; Value $75 Details: click here
- Spey Outfit, Donated by Jerry “Buggywhip” Loring
New Echo SR (Switch Rod) model SR 5108. Four piece, 10’8″, 5 wt. ION reel and 5 wt. line; Value: $540; Details: Click here
- Sage VXP, 10 Weight, 9 ft. x 4 piece, with Sage Reel / Rod Case – Condition: New
Details: click here. Value: $525
- Sage Bass II – Bluegill, 230 gr. Line, 7’ 11” x 4 piece with matching Reel / Rod case – Condition: New; Value: $550
Details: click here.
- Forecast, 8 wt, 9ft, 4 piece, one hard case, 1 soft case – Condition: New; Value: $250
- TFO 425 Large Arbor Fly Reel, Color: Gold, Capacity: 275 yds. of 30# Dacron w/ WF10F
Details: click here. Value: $375
- Custom Rod (Joe Nicklo) This ultimate and incredibly beautiful trout fly rod was hand built by a remarkable artist and Club member, Joe Nicklo, into a striking piece of functional angling art. The 8 foot 4 wt 4 piece rod is made using the Winston Blll X blank (serial # 16888) donated by Mrs. Yang Burton and the RL Reel Seat donated by Joe Nicklo. All other parts, materials, and labor have been donated by Joe Nicklo.
Details: click here. Minimum Reserve: $600
- Scott Radian Saltwater Fly Rod, 9ft, 8wt, 4 piece; One of the highest rated fly rods on the market, the Scott Radian is a fast-action, high performance fly rod that delivers in every category. Best of all, the Radian was built in Montrose, Colorado !Condition- new; Value $795; Details: click here
- Winston Boron III Plus Saltwater Fly Rod, 9ft, 9wt, 4 piece; A Serious rod for serious anglers for serious fish. The “Plus” stands for incredible line speed, extra power and design qualities needed to handle monster flies, the wind, sinking and oversized headlines and of course, big, big, fish. Boron III Plus rods are lightweight, smooth casting and feature our new shooting guides, green reel seats and, of course, unmatched Winston quality and craftsmanship. Condition – new: Value $875 Details: Click here
- 2 Hours of Casting Instruction by Harry Crofton, Certified Casting Instructor. Time and location to be determined by mutual agreement. Details: click here.
- 2 Hours of Casting Instruction by Ron Mayfield, Certified Casting Instructor. Time and location to be determined by mutual agreement
- Taste of Texas “Perfectly Aged Tomahawks & Knives Package” Taste of Texas – Proudly serves only perfectly aged Certified Angus Beef®, the finest beef on the market. Heritage Angus cattle are carefully selected from family ranches, and these producers are dedicated to bringing the very best beef to your family’s table. Value: $230 Details: click here
The Texas Flyfishers of Houston is a 501 c(3) non-profit organization associated with the International Federation of Fly Fishers and dedicated to the promotion of fly fishing education, conservation, and outdoors ethics.
The Texas Flyfishers of Houston was founded in 1976 by a group of avid fly fishermen. Their objectives then, as ours are now, were to share their knowledge of fly fishing with one another and others who wanted to learn, to help in conserving our natural resources, to enjoy the camaraderie of fly fishing, and to have a good time doing it.
We have an active club with a full range of activities. There is something for everyone, from beginner to expert, from the very young to those who remember when all fly rods were made of cane, and for all skill levels, from those who haven’t yet held a fly rod to those who can cast more fly line than you can buy.
Join Zoom Meeting by clicking here: