The COVID-19 is still rampant, we are watching, but done waiting. Restrictions have eased here in Texas. We still need to practice good sanitary practices, but we have now been able to schedule our event.
This will be THE Family Friendly Fishing Event of 2020.
Damon 7 Lakes,
3533 CR 4,
(Old Damon W. Columbia Road)
Damon, Texas 77430
N29.2524671 – W95.7412050
When: 20th June, 2020
Trip Description: Join us for the annual chance to capture the John Scarborough Sunfish Spectacular Trophy and a decent feed.
How to sign up:
1. Evite link here
2. On the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. or e-mail the trip leader. (doncpuckett(at) gee male dot com)
4. You must have a day waiver for Damon 7 Lakes to enter the property Friday night, or Saturday. You can get it here: John Scarborough Sunfish Spectacular, 2020
Waiver forms: Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. New TFF Release of Liability Form
Cost: $45 for Texas FlyFishers members with paid up dues. Cost per angler is approved, and it does include lunch. Special pricing for kids, students, and non-fishing spouses. Contact “Puck” for details.
Our volunteer (need one.) will be set up with a sign-in station at the warehouse building from 0700-0900. If you come in after 0900, chase down the sound of “Fish on!” to get signed in and squared away.
About the area: http://www.mjacompany.com/7lakes.html “Damon’s Seven Lakes is a beautiful one-of-a-kind private fishing club located in Damon, Texas just west of Highway 36 between Rosenburg and West Columbia. Contrary to the name there are now nine different, unique lakes of good size that hold large-mouth bass, tiger bass, catfish, black crappie, and bluegill. Catching bass in the three to five pound range is a normal occurrence. Twelve pound bass and channel cats and twelve inch bream have been caught in the last three years.”
• Member dues are current! Or you can pay your dues at this time.
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Water, snacks (We need to have our cooks for lunch lined up).
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
Canoe, kayak, or kickboat, (These are not needed, but it is a good time to try stuff out)
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Yellow spider, size 6-12
Miss Prissy or similar small popper
PGPP, size 8-12
S1B, size 6-10
Hare-E, size 10
Squirrelly, size 12
Dark Wooly bugger size 6-12
And I’m sure the list will grow when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the covered picnic area (to be confirmed).
I need 5 volunteers.
These volunteers will have their fees waived for the day.
2 people as Cooks
Cook 1 = Thi Nguyen
Cook 2 = Ted Christianson
2 people as Cleanup crew
KP1 = Scott Fossum
KP2 = Mike Q.
People to help RC manning the sign in table from 0645-0930 (Howard and Ted)
New trophy in hand. Remember, “No pictures = no proof”