Due to high winds and incoming cold front, the event “Prison Permit Invitational, 2019” is postponed.
Texas FlyFishers of Houston Event: Prison Permit Invitational (If you didn’t get your invitation, contact the trip leader “Golden”)
When: Postponed. New date 16th of March
Start Time: 12:00 PM: Fri 15th March End Time: 12 PM, Sun, 17th
Trip Description: The convicts are on the loose again and we need your help rounding them up! It’s time for the annual Prison Permit Invitational…this year we plan to spend the weekend chasing those elusive sheepshead. We will meet at noon on Friday, Feb 22, fish that afternoon, fish all day Sat, then fish till noon on Sun. The angler with the most captured convicts is named head warden for the year. We are working on lodging. Details to follow.
Trip Leader: Mike “Golden” Graham
e-mail: mgraham-rrsm at comcast dot net
How to sign up:
1. Email the trip leader
2. Call the trip leader.
3. Evite will not be set up for this event.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Cost: Your food, transportation, and lodging fees.
Directions: See link above
About the area: East Matagorda Bay. Some firm bottom, but also some muck/marsh.Lots of shell reefs, so be careful!!
Kayaks can easily be launched at Rawling’s Cut, just down the road from where we are staying. Boat launch to kayak launch
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded above)
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or waterproof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellent
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!
• Handheld VHF
• 7-9 wt rod
• food & drink
• Reverse Green Weenies
• Crab flies.
• Most any small, dark fly is worth a shot.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer than the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.