Event: Garcitas Creek, CANCELLED…WATER IS TOO HIGH
Trip Description: Garcitas Creek is a stream located less than 8 miles from Port Lavaca, in Victoria County. Alternate names for this stream include Rio de los Frances, Garcitas River and Garcetas River. A variety of species inhabit this water, to include those typically thought of as saltwater. Photo proof of the number of species, length etc. This will allow bragging rights later.
When: CANCELLED (Water conditions and weather)
Where: Latitude : 28.7781 , Longitude : -96.69864 This is 2 miles west of LaSalle, Texas on FM616. We will meet here and then spread out to fish
End Time: 1700
Trip Leader: Michael Quigley and Don Hanselman
Phone (Don): (713) 8I6(dash) O ate ate for; (Michael): (713) 2I3(dash) ate I 5 O
e-mail: (Don) drh1221drh (at) yahoo (dot) com; (Michael) mfquigley(at)outlook(dot)com
How to sign up:
1. Evite link (Click here)
2. Sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. Or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download Waiver form here
Cost: Personal expenses and transportation
Here are the directions from Google Maps(R)
Follow I-10 W and TX-71 E to FM 1160 S in Wharton County [1 h 39 min (107 m)]
Get on US-59 S in Louise from FM 1160 S [19 min (18.0 mi)]
Follow US-59 S to FM 234 S in Jackson County. Take the exit toward Farm to Market Rd 234/El Toro/Vanderbilt from US-59 S [19 min (22.3 mi)]
Continue on FM 234 S. Drive to FM616 [17 min (16.3 mi)]
Turn left onto FM 234 S [10.5 mi]
Turn right onto FM616/2nd St
Continue to follow FM616
Destination will be on the right
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Current Texas Fishing License
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wide brimmed hat AND polarized glasses
Recommended Equipment: Boat, canoe or kayak. All will work in this water.
Recommended Flies: Clousers, poppers, RFC, Small streamers, Gurglers, etc.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.