Back to Damon 7 Lakes (2017-11-03-0700)
Trip Description: Come fish for LMB and bluegills with fall weather fully in place at Damon 7 Lakes.
When: November 3rd, 2018 (2018-11-03-0700) date is confirmed
Where: Damon 7 Lakes, Damon, Tx
End Time: TDTF (Too Dark to Fish)
Trip Leader: Russell Cowart
Phone: (7I3) two zero ate (dash) 332O
How to sign up, it will help me with the headcount for lunch:
1. Sign Up Here
2. On the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. or e-mail the trip leader.
Cost: $35 for Texas FlyFishers members with paid up dues. Cost per angler is approved,
and it does include lunch. (Hotdogs and hamburgers)
Lunch: Starts at noon (12:00) and we have a cook laid on. (Tim B. has volunteered)
Directions: http://www.mjacompany.com/directions.html (3533 County Rd 4, Damon, TX 77430)
About the area: http://www.mjacompany.com/7lakes.html “Damon’s Seven Lakes is a beautiful one-of-a-kind private fishing club located in Damon, Texas just west of Highway 36 between Rosenburg and West Columbia. Contrary to the name there are now nine different, unique lakes of good size that hold largemouth bass, tiger bass, catfish, black crappie, and bluegill. Catching bass in the three to five pound range is a normal occurance. Twelve pound bass and channel cats and twelve inch bream have been caught in the last two years.”
• Member dues are current! Or you can pay your dues at this time.
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. Download Waiver form
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks (You will need to bring your own lunch for this outing. The cook’s on his day off for this one).
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
Canoe, kayak, or kickboat, (These are not needed, but it is a good time to try stuff out)
3-7 wt fly rod with floating line
Yellow spider, size 6-12
Miss Prissy or similar small popper
PGPP, size 8-12
SOB, size 6-10
Hare-E, size 10
Squirrelly, size 12
Dark Wooly bugger size 6-12
And I’m sure the list will grow when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the roll-up door.