Event: Garcitas Creek, January 2018 outing
Trip Description: Garcitas Creek is a stream located less than 8 miles from Port Lavaca, in Victoria County. Alternate names for this stream include Rio de los Frances, Garcitas River and Garcetas River. A variety of species inhabit this water, to include those typically thought of as saltwater. Photo proof of the number of species, length etc. This will allow bragging rights later.
Just talked to Don H. and he will scout the creek tomorrow. Once he takes a look, we will determine the fishability of the water. A few weeks back the fish were biting.
The outing is a go. Don H. has space for one more in his boat. He can also tow a kayaker or two in the creek if desired
When: January 20, 2018 (Date is confirmed, and conditions are good)
Where: Latitude : 28.7781 , Longitude : -96.69864 This is 2 miles west of LaSalle, Texas on FM616. We will meet here and then spread out to fish
End Time: 1700
Trip Leader: Don H.
Phone: (713) 8I6(dash) O ate ate for
e-mail: drh1221drh (at) yahoo (dot) com
How to sign up:
1. Evite link (Click here)
2. Sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. Or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download Waiver form here
Cost: Personal expenses and transportation
Here are the directions from Google Maps(R)
Follow I-10 W and TX-71 E to FM 1160 S in Wharton County [1 h 39 min (107 m)]
Get on US-59 S in Louise from FM 1160 S [19 min (18.0 mi)]
Follow US-59 S to FM 234 S in Jackson County. Take the exit toward Farm to Market Rd 234/El Toro/Vanderbilt from US-59 S [19 min (22.3 mi)]
Continue on FM 234 S. Drive to FM616 [17 min (16.3 mi)]
Turn left onto FM 234 S [10.5 mi]
Turn right onto FM616/2nd St
Continue to follow FM616
Destination will be on the right
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Current Texas Fishing License
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wide brimmed hat AND polarized glasses
Recommended Equipment: Boat, canoe or kayak. All will work in this water.
Recommended Flies: Clousers, poppers, RFC, Small streamers, Gurglers, etc.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.