Event: Garcitas Creek, September 2017 outing (We need a photo for the top DH?)
When: September 9th, 2017
Where: Lat/Long: 28.721937 -96.659698 We will meet here and then spread out to fish
End Time: 1700
Trip Leader: DH
Trip Description: Garcitas Creek is a stream located less than 8 miles from Port Lavaca, in Victoria County. Alternate names for this stream include Rio de los Frances, Garcitas River and Garcetas River. A variety of species inhabit this water, to include those typically thought of as saltwater. Photo proof of the number of species, length etc. Rules to be finalized soon.
How to sign up:
1. Evite to be set up
2. Sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. Or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: UPDATE THE Download PDF form here.(Puck’s action)
Cost: Personal expenses and transportation
Directions: Get from Google maps once I talk with DH “Puck”
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Current Texas Fishing License
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wide brimmed hat AND polarized glasses
Recommended Equipment: Boat, canoe or kayak. Update once I talk with DH “Puck”
Recommended Flies: Update once I talk with DH “Puck”
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.