Due to the water conditions this event is canceled.
We will try to make this event a late January, early February SW event.
Event: Garcitas Creek, September 2017 outing Trip Description: Garcitas Creek is a stream located less than 8 miles from Port Lavaca, in Victoria County. Alternate names for this stream include Rio de los Frances, Garcitas River and Garcetas River. A variety of species inhabit this water, to include those typically thought of as saltwater. Photo proof of the number of species, length etc. This will allow bragging rights later. When: September 9th, 2017
Where: Lat/Long: 28.778010, -96.698945 We will meet here and then spread out to fish
End Time: 1700
Trip Leader: Don H.
Phone: (713) 8I6(dash) O ate ate for
e-mail: drh1221drh (at) yahoo (dot) com
How to sign up:
1. Evite link
2. Sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
3. Or e-mail the trip leader. How to get waiver forms: Download Waiver form here Cost: Personal expenses and transportation Directions: Latitude : 28.7781 , Longitude : -96.69864 Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information
• Current Texas Fishing License
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Wide brimmed hat AND polarized glasses Recommended Equipment: Boat, canoe or kayak. All will work in this water. Recommended Flies: Clousers, poppers, RFC, Small streamers, Gurglers, etc. Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.