Work in progress, details to follow (as of 2017-01-26):
Event: Fence Lake aboard the M/V Skimmer (We have a confirmed a reservation for ferry service aboard the Skimmer for Saturday June 10, 2017. )
When: Saturday, June 10th, 2017
Where: Fence Lakes – Rockport, TX
Start Time: 05:00 am – Load Out, Skimmer Dock, Fulton, TX
End Time: 4:30 pm – Return to Dock
Trip Leader: Chris Sumers
Phone: (7I3) 7O2dash67I2
Trip Description: Saturday morning, we will be ferried to St. Joe’s Island aboard the M/V Skimmer for a day of skinny water kayak & wade fishing in the Fence Lake area. About 3:00 pm, the Skimmer will return to pick us up at the mouth of Fence Lake and take us back to the dock.
How to sign up (Limited to 20 spots, your deposit holds your spot):
- Evite Link needs to be set up
- On the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting
- Or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.
Your food, water, and transportation
To reserve your spot you need to get your skimmer fees to the trip leader. ($25 to reserve your spot, details to follow)
Directions: Usually from Google Maps
About the area: Insert Flyer here
- Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. (Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket • Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!
Neoprene or canvas boots to prevent burned feet
8-10 wt fly rod with floating line
Spare GPS batteries
Miss Prissy or similar small popper 🙂
And I’m sure the list will grow when a few folks read this and make their own recommendations.
Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.