Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent:
Sabine River generation canal fishingWhen:
September 28nd, 2012 (The same day as the Shark-a-Thon at PINS)Where:
Sabine River downstream of Toledo Bend, in the generation canalStart Time:
Shoot Puck a pm on this board.Trip Description:
1) If the Sabine River Authority is not generating the day of the trip we have about 4 miles of water to fish. We will launch canoes, kayaks and kickboats at the generation canal, and fish the generation canal down to the rocks, and possibly up into the spill way side. I’ll work on getting a map of the area posted.
2) If the Sabine River Authority is generating the day of the trip we can use Tack-a-Paw
as a livery service and make the 10 mile trek down the river to the bridge.How to sign up: Sign Up On Line Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download here
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost:
No anticipated cost (Unless we use a livery service)Directions: Directions via GoogleAbout the area:
Details to followImportant items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit
• Drinking water!Recommended Equipment:
Canoe, kayak, or kickboat
3-8wt fly rod with floating line, a back-up with sinking line is not a bad idea
Life jacketRecommended Flies:
Miss Prissy 6-10
Bendbacks 2/0 – 8Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.