Author Topic: new fishing guide  (Read 106 times)

kzin

• View Profile
new fishing guide
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:33 AM »
Baron Boyette has started guiding in Galveston and LA.  I haven't fished with him yet, but I've known him for years (he's currently at FTU on I45) and he is very knowledgeable and a great guy.

His website is:  http://www.3bflycharters.com/

jerry

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: new fishing guide
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:09:32 PM »
Baron was at IFly for awhile. Always seemed like a really good guy. I hope he's successful in his guiding business.
333 - I'm only half bad!

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:27:07 PM »
I find it ironic that all of these Texas guides are now fishing Louisiana especially during the winter ("Big Bull) months. Something I am sure hasn't gone unnoticed by the LA guides.  Bet the temporary license fees go up as well as guide certification costs.  Let's see how many Texas guides will take their clients over there during the off months (April - September)...er none! Even the south Texas guides are jumping on the band wagon.  Why not easier to catch a big dumb bull than a smart-ass trout!

I have already heard of a few Texas guide trucks getting "sweetened" last year at the ramps. BORDER WARS! 
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Finn Maccumhail

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 03:35:33 PM »
I find it ironic that all of these Texas guides are now fishing Louisiana especially during the winter ("Big Bull) months. Something I am sure hasn't gone unnoticed by the LA guides.  Bet the temporary license fees go up as well as guide certification costs.  Let's see how many Texas guides will take their clients over there during the off months (April - September)...er none! Even the south Texas guides are jumping on the band wagon.  Why not easier to catch a big dumb bull than a smart-ass trout!

I have already heard of a few Texas guide trucks getting "sweetened" last year at the ramps. BORDER WARS!

Depends on where in LA they go I guess. There's really only a handful of guides over there who target reds on the fly and they seem clustered around Hopedale. Scott Null works out of Port Fourchon/Grand Isle and in my 2 days over there this past February we saw one other boat on the water and the only time we were within shouting distance from them was when we were leaving the ramp & running out the ICW.

And the only thing those coon-ass folk get mad about us fishing for reds is the fact we don't keep them. They hate reds, they'd rather catch 20 12" trout than a 40# bull red.

kzin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 06:38:47 AM »
Any guide who won't go where the fish are biting is pretty dumb.  Regardless, Baron is a native Louisianan and LSU grad.  He knows those waters.