Author Topic: returning old member  (Read 80 times)

bigfly55

• View Profile
returning old member
« on: June 29, 2014, 11:53:24 PM »
Hello all. I was originally a member in the mid 90's and attended my first meeting in mid 80's or so. I originally was with Orvis under the Hayward regime in the winter of '92 then moved onto Anglers Edge. Since then, I have lived and fished in CA, FL, LA, CO, Mexico three different times and the Bahamas. If it swims in saltwater, I have more than likely either sent someone there to catch it and or tied flies for it. I have taught casting and tying since 1990.

I taught myself to cast at age 4 or 5 in the mountains above Santa Fe, and tied my first fly at age 7 or 8. Since then, it has been quite a ride that has taken me to some beautiful places and met some amazing folks. I moved back here from the FL keys, where I spent last year primarily tarpon fishing.

I fish almost exclusively saltwater now, with a few sightfishing trips to the San Juan thrown in for good measure. I love fishing for fish that are not normally caught on a fly rod, with an emphasis on sight casting. I don't really take vacations, I move there! To me, if it interests me enough to want to take a trip there, I would rather spend months there to figure out the fishery.

I will be at every meeting that I can and look forward to meeting those of you that I have not yet met.

Les

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
Re: returning old member
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:09:57 PM »
Welcome back to Houston, Lee.