Author Topic: Fishing in Abu Dhabi  (Read 161 times)

MattBlyth

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Fishing in Abu Dhabi
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:33:21 PM »
As we have a lot of other oilfield folks in the club - has anyone done any saltwater fishing around Abu Dhabi on their travels? The beaches around there look great and I would have thought there was something to catch in the surf but the info on google is very limited.

Cheers
Matt

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing in Abu Dhabi
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 05:48:58 AM »
I was in Abu Dhabi some months ago, and looked for fishing opportunities in the area. You're right - very limited. Despite the beautiful waters it seems that nobody goes fishing. Inquiring locally I found that it is pretty fished out (verified?); not much there. I was kinda disappointed. Better luck if you could make a weekend in Oman from what I remember. Diving is pretty good, though.

Lots of other things to do though - desert safaris, dinner cruises, formula 1, drive around in a rented ferrari...

Would be interested to hear if you come up with anything.

GDS
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?

MattBlyth

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing in Abu Dhabi
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »
George

No fishing done while there I am afraid. However I do have a lead on saltwater fly fishing in Dubai. There are a few blogs online about fishing the beaches around Abu Dhabi by expats but they havent been updated in a few years.

Instead of fishing I did blast around the Yas Marina F1 track , driving solo in a F3000 open wheel car. Hit 150mph on the straight. 0-60 in 3seconds. Was an absolute blast.

One day I might actually find the time to go fishing again!
Cheers
M