Author Topic: TFF 2014 Auction Huge Success  (Read 97 times)

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
TFF 2014 Auction Huge Success
« on: May 04, 2014, 05:15:23 PM »
Huge success...thanks to all that came. The trips to Andros and Belize went to some extremely happy folks. We raised what appears to be an all time high net for our club thanks to the many of you who attended. Brand new fly rods with reels and lines went to some mighty happy folks for huge savings. Thanks to Cary Marcos, the Sage 4 pc. 3 and 4 wts in socks and tubes went for over $250.00 each to some very lucky fly fishers. Guided trips all over the state of Texas and the gulf coast were gathered up quickly for some huge savings...big thanks to all of the guides and outfitters who supported the Texas Fly Fishers. Also to the vendors like Fishing Tackle Unlimited, Orvis, and Bass Pro Shops these people really care about the fly fisher and the promotion of our sport. Please folks in return we shall support them too. As always if I have left your name off please someone followup this thread and help me and get credit to these wonderful people who help us so greatly.

BIG Thanks to all of the TFF workers who helped put this event together. It took a lot of work by caring people all in the great spirit of bringing affordable fly fishing to more and more people. Most of all a huge special thanks to the event coordinators. Mr. and Ms. Skip and Mary Kaye Donavon, who without their diligence during the past year this event would not have happened. These two wonderful people have the energy and work ethic that many folks fifty years their junior have no idea even exists. Thank you Skip and Mary Kaye you guys did it again! Thank you for Corey Rich and his 25th year of calling our auction.  Are you kidding ME! I love this man! what a wonderful job he does for this club.  A special shout out to Sandy Lemke, John Scarcelli, and Dave Steffek your work with Dr. Ed's stuff was nothing short of phenomenal! Thank you soooo much. Thank you to Ms. Quigley (...now that's just fun to say right there) Traci now that you got your feet wet I figure we'll be seeing you a lot in the future. ...and as always there is Dave Kelly who has probably been to every one of these events and is the most unselfish giver of his time...thanks Dave. ...and of course I must say thanks to our Maker who has given us everything that is good in this world and we are so blessed that FLY FISHING is right up there with that of being Americans too. May God continue to bless America, Fly Fishers all over the world and especially our TEXAS FLY FISHERS with his grace.

GOLDEN
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Joe French

• View Profile
Re: TFF 2014 Auction Huge Success
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 06:02:13 PM »
I second all of the above. I had a great time. The live auction is like watching live entertainment. Guys bidding for trips that they are going to share and bidding against each other. Guys buying their own donated trips! Watching repeat winners of raffles that surely should be going to Vegas with that kind of luck. Not much public attendance with majority of bidding done by members. Reminder me of the saying" Preaching to the choir". I got a "Mothers Day Gift" and my wife loves the butterfly fly in bell glass. What a resource the club is for members. I got Joe Nicklo to scout out some of Dr Rizzlo's fly's for my trip to Colorado. Thank you Joe Nicklo. I was able to pump Marcos for input on rigging a 10wt to use on poling skiff in Louisiana. Watched Adam Domiguez show his amazement over Joe Nicklo's HMG flies. I could go on and I am sure someone else will. If you missed it, then make plans for next year cause it was a hoot.

Joe
Joe French
Mitzi 15
Shallowsport 18