Author Topic: Hello  (Read 203 times)

mwrose777

• View Profile
Hello
« on: April 29, 2014, 07:49:43 AM »
Just wanted to say hello to everybody.  Stumbled on this site researching stuff on google.  Been fishing my whole life but fly fishing for alittle over 2 years now.  Recently started tying my own flies too, and while they look terrible I finally caught my first fish on them.  I fish out of a kayak (NuCanoe Frontier 12), the boat dad, grandpa and I bought (2014 Shoalwater 19 CAT), and off the bank every chance I get.  I am getting married mid May, and heading to Oahu, Hawaii for our honeymoon where I will be HOPEFULLY catching a life long dream of mine, peacock bass.  Will try and hit the salt too.  I work as an Applications Engineer in the Oil & Gas Industry, which lately has been limiting my fishing opportunities!  This looks like a great website, and I will be signing up for the membership ASAP!  Look forward to meeting some of y'all.

Dave Kelly

• Administrator
  • Onward through the swamp.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:34:38 AM »
Welcome to the webstie.  TFF is maybe the oldest fly fishing club in the US, maybe the largest also. We fish a lot, so come join us.

Kudos on the marriage.

mwrose777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 10:59:47 AM »
Thanks!  I'm pretty new to the sport still so I look forward to meeting some of y'all and picking up any tips and advice! 

ScottB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 01:26:55 PM »
Come to the meeting tonight at Bayland Community Center.  Details are on the website.  Alvin Dedeux is giving the talk and it is bound to be good.  It will give you a chance to meet some folks.

Our auction is this weekend.  Lots of good stuff up for sale including fly tying materials.  Come join us!

Scott B

mwrose777

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 04:24:26 PM »
Wish I could! With the wedding in a couple of weeks my free time is non existent.

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 05:28:05 PM »
Hey give us your dads e address so we can invite him and his... er well ya'lls boat to one of our outings. We havae one coming up the last weekend of the month.

Here's what is going on. Sent to our members last week.

OK YOU GUYS GET OFF YOUR DUFFS AND SIGN UP FOR THE MOST FANTASTIC TRIP OF THE YEAR …TO DATE! YES I’M TALKING THE POC JETTY TRIP. MAN CAN YOU SSSSMMMMEEEELLL THE FRESH OCEAN SPRAY HITT’N THE ROCKS.  CANT YOU JUST IMAGINE THAT SUN POKING ITS HEAD UP BETWEEN THE JETTIES AT 5 AM.  WOW AND THE GULLS WILL BE SCREECHING THEIR HEADS OFF LETTING US KNOW WHERE THE BIG FEEESH BE! MAN ALL OF THIS SENDS CHILLS DOWN MY SPINE.

SO IT’S TIME TO DUST OFF THOSE 8-12 WTS, 450 GRAIN SINK LINES, AND STEEL WIRE LEADERS, MY BROTHERS OF THE SALT - WERE GOING FISHING FOR TOOTHY CRITTERS. THAT’S RIGHT JACK CREVELLE, SPANISH MACS, KING FISH, COBIA, BULL REDS, AND DARE I SAY TARPON! YEE HAAA! LOOK AT THAT JUMP. NOW THIS TRIP IS NOT FOR THE WEAK AT HEART SO BRING YOUR HEART STARTERS ‘CAUSE YOU MAY BE NEEDING THEM.   

I JUST WENT ON LINE ON THE TFF WEBSITE (REMEMBER WE HAVE ONE OF THOSE) AND WE ALREADY HAVE SIX BOATS SIGNED UP AND MOST OF THEM CAN HANDLE SEVERAL OR MORE FISHERS. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.  SCOTT F. IS BRINGING UP HIS BOAT AND YOU KNOW HE IS VERY ACCOMPLISHED AT CATCHING BIG KING FISH ON THE FLY, DON H. IS BRINGING UP HIS BATTLECRUISER LOADED WITH GULP FILLED DEPTHCHARGES READY TO BLAST A BIG JACK AT A SECOND’S NOTICE.  THEN THERE WILL BE GEORGE S. EVER VIGILANT FOR THOSE BIG FREIGHTERS AND THEIR ROGUE WAVES, AND FOLKS WE HAVE A NEWBY TO OUR ADVENTURE STARVED GROUP…MIKE S. BRINGING HIS 54’ HATTERAS’S WITH ALL THE COOL BIKINI BABES ALREADY SUPERGLUED TO THE BOW AND WAIT THERE IS MUCH MUCH MORE…YOU ARE INVITED TO HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE FISHING, EATING, DRINKING, AND TAKING IN THE ALL AROUND TOM FOOLERY THAT THE TEXAS FLY FISHERS CAN DISH OUT.

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR GO TO OUR WEBSITE (texasflyfishers.org) CLICK ON THE FORUM (at top of page), CLICK ON SALTWATER OUTINGS, CLICK ON THE POC JETTY TRIP, GO TO THE FIRST THREAD (that is what they are called) AND CLICK ON THE “SIGN UP HERE” PROMPT. FILL IN YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER, AND EMAIL ADDRESS.  THEN GO TO THE SECOND PAGE AND PROCLAIM YOUR FREEDOM FROM THE MUNDANE EVERY DAY EXISTENCE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH…  MIKE Q. HAS AN EYE ON LOCAL CHEEP LODGING BUT NEEDS A HEAD COUNT SOON SO THINGS CAN BE PROPERLY ARRANGED.

WHERE IS THAT LIL GARY E., THIS GUY LOVES THOSE BIG BAD FISH! SOME ONE CALL EDUARDO TOO HE HASN’T BEEN AROUND IN SOME TIME. LETS HAVE SOME FUN! HEY MAYBE WE CAN GET QUIGLEY TO BRING TRACIE…HAHAHAHAHAHA SHE WILL SO OUT LAST HIM IT WONT BE FUNNY.  I HOPE HE BOUGHT HER SOME WAD’N BOOTS. I WANT TO TAKE HER OUT ON A FLAT AND GET HER HOOKED UP WITH A BIG REDFISH.

OK YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE NEXT STEPS…GET YOUR HALL PASSES AND GET OFF YOU’RE A##ES.

GOLDEN

Cell:    832-298-3855

Love to have you guys join us! Let's get the little bride started too.

Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

mwrose777

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 12:41:52 PM »
Golden,

Wish I could make it but I can't!  Checked the schedule and we are booked up that weekend.  Dad doesn't fly fish.  It's hard to drag him off the same reef after the same specs every weekend, which is why I got into kayak fishing!  We all went in on the boat, but he fronted most of the cash so he gets to make most of the calls.  It is what it is.

All I can think about is catching a peacock bass next week in Hawaii, and what I might be able to get into in the salt.  Oh, and the actual wedding this saturday, that should be good.

Puck

• Fishaholic
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 02:18:07 PM »
What part of town do you live?

There are quite a few "after work" opportunities in a lot of small neighborhood ponds.

Contact us when you get back into town.

Puck
To fish, or not to fish?  What a stupid question!

mwrose777

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 12:03:12 PM »
I live in Pearland.  I have a handful of local ponds that I catch some decent bass in.  I was always terrible at bass fishing until I picked up a fly rod.  Now I love it!