Author Topic: Grand Isle Report  (Read 326 times)

Joe French

• View Profile
Grand Isle Report
« on: February 16, 2014, 03:49:54 PM »
We fished Friday and Saturday with Scott Null out of Grand Isle, La. Valentines Day. I have a lovely wife!!

I got two 16 lb reds and a 22 lb on fly rod Friday. Using Redfish Crack flies with lead dumbbell eyes in about 2 to 3 feet of water. I used my 8 wt and it did fine. Also used Gamakatsu Stinger hooks and held up well on big fish.

Saturday I got only one red on fly that was 25 lbs. Kelly Hazen's Tibor Everglades got to sing that Tibor drag music.

We had numerous chances to sight cast. Your cast had to very accurate which I did not have an accurate cast thus some very fishable opportunities were lost. Very different fishing open water in 2 and 3 feet and sight casting.

Dan Starr was fishing after us so hope it makes a report.

Joe
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 06:26:17 AM by Joe French »
Joe French
Mitzi 15
Shallowsport 18

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Ise Report
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 06:44:53 AM »
Looks great Joe - well done! I'm thinking we need to organize a TFF trip to the Lousiana coast! After a trip like that you're probably spoiled and Green's Lake just won't seem the same to you...

Great post!

GDS
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?

MattBlyth

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Ise Report
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:36:35 AM »
Fantastic - I agree with George, I think we need to plan a club trip - staying in NOLA of course.

Cheers
Matt

Finn Maccumhail

• View Profile
Re: Grand Isle Report
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 11:12:08 AM »
Nicely done Joe.

BTW- definitely going back next year but I was disappointed with the restaurants in the area. I think I'll make it a point to cook next time. Especially if Scott gets a bigger place like he was talking about.

Joe French

• View Profile
Re: Grand Isle Report
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 11:28:45 AM »
Yea, we only ate out once at hamburger joint. Interesting getting carded at age 65. Definately a Drinking village with fishing problem.

Joe
Joe French
Mitzi 15
Shallowsport 18