Cheetos and a 2 ounce lead weight.
When you find yourself in a spot that holds absolutely no fish. (Follow me. I know where plenty of those are)
1. Spread the cheeetos out in the water to attract seagulls.
2. Once the gulls start diving, attach the 2 oz sinker onto your tippet, and lower into the water.
3. Act like you are catching fish, even if you see nobody around. Don't let your sinker leave the water.
4. Keep this up for 5-10 minutes, or until all the cheetos are gone.
5. Paddle away and break out your binoculars, and watch boats show up out of nowhere.
Cheap, easy entertainment for those dog days of summer.