Author Topic: New member  (Read 197 times)

tucson2tx

• View Profile
« on: December 15, 2013, 09:32:55 PM »
I would like to take a minute and thank Marco, Mike, "Puck" and the Piscatorial Patter Team for taking the time to talk to me at the fly fishing expo with Enrico Pugilsi on Saturday.  Also, to the members of Texas FlyFishers who I met at the Christmas Party on Sunday evening. Thank you for the warm reception shown to me, my wife Nicole and our little boy Stephen.  This is why we joined Texas FlyFishers.  I am truly looking forward to being a part of this organization!!

A little about me:

I just retired after 20 years as a Police Officer in Arizona (Tucson) and relocated to the Houston area to be closer to my kids.  I started fly fishing approximately seven years ago and had a GREAT part time job at an Orvis store "Dry Creek Outfitters."  Skill level? I would have to say novice/intermediate and fly tying? probably the same. I enjoy both fresh water and salt water fishing.
    If anyone is planning a trip to the Tucson area or wants to fish San Diego area (Coronado Island) and north county area, I can point you in the right direction.  If your looking for a guide in San Diego I have a recommendation so let me know. I am looking forward to attending TFF events and meetings.  Because Texas waters are brand new to me, I look forward to learning different fishing techniques,  and the different fly tying patterns that will help me be a successful angler.
    Again, thank you to everyone at TFF who has taken the time to welcome me and my family to Texas.  I look forward to meeting and talking to the other members.

Simon

Puck

• Fishaholic
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 05:30:54 AM »
Simon,

It was great to see you, and your family, at the CHristmas party.

Meetings and Parties are a good way to get to meet people, but you wont "know" them until you fish with them.

That being said, let's go fishing!

Puck
To fish, or not to fish?  What a stupid question!

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:57:10 PM »
Welcome Simon!

Looking forward to both meeting and fishing! Like Puck says - lets go fishing! Couple of opportunities next month - the Guadalupe trip on January 18 is a blast; beautiful river. Going to Sabine the following weekend, seems there are always good stories coming from that spot. Grab a kayak and join the fun!

Also great to see your whole family out with the group last night. Fitting right in!

Regards,
George
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?