Salt Water Outings > Outing Information Only

Prison Permit Invitational - March 1

(1/16) > >>

Dave Kelly:
Texas FlyFishers of Houston
Event: Prison Permit Invitational

When: March 1, 2014        
Where: Sargent Texas at the park ramp. Meet-up point is here 28.763314, -95.631888  Boat launch
Start Time: 0630-7:00 am
End Time:    Dark or bad weather
Trip Leader: Mike Quigley/Alan Kulcak
Phone: 713-213-eight-one-five-zero       
e-mail: MFQuigley at yahoo dot com        

Trip Description: There's been another prison break!! Convicts have escaped through-out Matty Bay! Be one the looked for escaped prison permits.  The marshal who catches  the most of these fugitives will be rewarded with a lovely trophy as as your bounty!

How to sign up: Sign Up Here, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required  Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.

Cost: Gas for your boat driver. Beer for Alan for letting us stay there 

Directions:Google up Sargent Texas or ask your buddy 

About the area: Large sand flats either from boat or wading. Some reefs, some mud.

Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.  ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit

Recommended Equipment: 7-9 wt rod 

Recommended Flies: Crab flies, long leaders.

Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.

SEE PAGE TWO FOR CURRENT OUTING UPDATES

Wormdrowner:
I have confirmed today with Alan that we are good to go!  :D

We definitely need boat people. Anyone needing a ride in a boat should contact a boat person to coordinate. I will try and match people as well, but I do not promise anything!

Wormdrowner:
Topic is unlocked for signup.

Puck:
Alan is our hero!

And I need a ride...   :)

Puck

Wormdrowner:
Alan left me a message today that Feb 22 wouldn't work for him as he has family obligations that day, so we are going with the make-up date of March 8th.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version