Author Topic: Louisiana trip w/ Scott Null- anybody interested?  (Read 804 times)

Finn Maccumhail

• View Profile
Louisiana trip w/ Scott Null- anybody interested?
« on: November 11, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »
So a colleague of mine and I fished with Scott Null on Friday 11/8 in the Galveston area (I'll post a separate report- it was a tough day though but we weren't skunked) and he let me know that in January & February he's got it lined up so that he'll be guiding out of Grand Isle and over to Port Fourchon where you can get shots at some big ol' bull reds.

Here's what he told me:
I will offer full day trips only at $650 for one or two anglers.  That includes fishing and lodging.  It will be $600 per day if booking two or more consecutive days.  I'll have to clean up and wash sheets, etc between parties so I figure if I can get folks to stay a couple days or more it'll make my life easier.  Plan to arrive the evening before the trip and depart following the trip unless I happen to have an open date the day after your trip in which case you are welcome to stay over and leave the following day.  Also, there are a few hotels in the area if needed and at that time of year they should have plenty of vacancy.

I'm just starting to book dates so it is fairly open at this point.

Anybody down for a couple days on the water in January/February?

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
Re: Louisiana trip w/ Scott Null- anybody interested?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »
Get with me...there are some of us talking about going.  Getting a guide for the first day and then going out in our boats the next few days.  We have been talking about a three day trip during the week. But what we need is for the weather to cooperate.  Ideally the guide would give us a call the day before and we would fish the following day. (many of the locals do this) We would have to be "on call" Talking about bringing three to four skiffs in caravan.
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »
I would call that "POT LICKING"

Bear

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 08:20:17 AM »
I guess that means you want to join us then! ;D

Some us have been talking about this for some time. There are several really reasonable places to stay right on the water. Finn's idea of using Scott Null is good because he is local to us here in HTown. Also talked to an Orvis guide out of NOLA two weeks ago at Orvis Happy Hour. George was there this past weekend and caught a big'n. We can save a lot of money if we DYI as much as possible.
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 09:05:29 AM »
Joe French and I were in Venice, LA last weekend and caught a lot of Bull reds on a 10 weight usunig 30# leaders  and one snaped my leader on the hook set, he was a bruser. Joe has pictures on this site.

We stayed at the Venice Marina cabins that were $150.00 per night with full kitchen. Our cabin had 6 bunks, but would be crowed with six in the cabin. Three per cabin would be reasonable room.

Bear

Finn Maccumhail

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 02:43:27 PM »
Golden- I'm down. Per Scott though, that $600 per day for 2-days isn't $600 per person. It's $600 for 2-people on the boat and that includes their lodging so it's really only $300 per person per day.

But most likely I'll need it to be in February some time. Probably sometime between the 9th & 22nd. I'm going to be in Miami in late January and have a trip booked there. I tried to make it 2 full days fishing but the rib put the kibosh on that.

Joe French

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »
Booked the last Friday/Saturday available for Feb 14, 15th. Valentines weekend. Wife said go as we don't do anything special. Ouch! Going with my conventional tackle buddy that could not make the Venice trip.

Joe
Joe French
Mitzi 15
Shallowsport 18

MikeF

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 08:27:54 PM »
Sounds like fun, I'm in.

Finn Maccumhail

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »
I'm booked for the 16th & 17th with a colleague from the office. We'll drive over on the afternoon of the 15th, fish Sunday & Monday (16-17) and drive home Monday evening.

I'm stoked.

Joe French

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 09:23:28 PM »
Well, Looks like we might see each other.

I'm stoked, also.

Joe
Joe French
Mitzi 15
Shallowsport 18