Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: Redfish RodeoWhen: October 4th - rain date October 11th Where: Rockport / Port Aransas, Texas Start Saturday 6:30 AM End Time: 4:30 PM Trip Leader: Michael Quigley Phone: 713-213-eight-one-five-zero e-mail: MFQuigley ay yahoo dot com Trip Description:Come join us for our 28th Annual Red Fish Rodeo. We are inviting members from all of the Texas fly fishing clubs as well as fishers from the Texas Council of the IFFF and other guests. Friday night we will hold the Captain’s meeting at Swan Point Landing at 7:30 PM to discuss the rules and conduct for our event. Saturday night, the Texas FlyFishers will serve up barbecue for supper for all to enjoy while we get to know each other and share a few cold ones! As always we will have some really cool Division Awards for the winners (Largest Redfish – Trout – Three Fish Slam – Most Spots - Redfish) and wonderful door and raffle prizes for all of the lucky attendees to partake. How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost: $40 (to be donated to Texas Chapter IFFF Directions: http://www.driftersresort.com/ http://www.swanpointlandingflyshop.net/ About the area: You know it, you love it! Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment:7-9 wt rod. Floating line Recommended Flies:Clousers, Seaducers, Bendbacks, crab & shrimp patterns Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.