Event: Redfish Rodeo

When: October 4th - rain date October 11th       
Where: Rockport / Port Aransas, Texas              
Start Saturday 6:30 AM  
End Time: 4:30 PM   
Trip Leader: Michael Quigley
Phone: 713-213-eight-one-five-zero       
e-mail: MFQuigley ay yahoo dot com       

Trip Description:Come join us for our 28th Annual Red Fish Rodeo.  We are inviting members from all of the Texas fly fishing clubs as well as fishers from the Texas Council of the IFFF and other guests.  Friday night we will hold the Captain’s meeting at Swan Point Landing at 7:30 PM to discuss the rules and conduct for our event.  Saturday night, the Texas FlyFishers will serve up barbecue for supper for all to enjoy while we get to know each other and share a few cold ones!  As always we will have some really cool Division Awards for the winners (Largest Redfish – Trout – Three Fish Slam – Most Spots - Redfish) and wonderful door and raffle prizes for all of the lucky attendees to partake. 

How to sign up: Sign Up Here, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required  Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.

Cost: $45 (to be donated to Texas Chapter IFFF.)  Price rises to $55 at the door.  

We prefer that you pay through the club's PayPal account.  

Ignore the membership options and note on your payment "2014 Redfish Rodeo"

Directions: http://www.driftersresort.com/    http://www.swanpointlandingflyshop.net/ 

About the area: You know it, you love it!

Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.  ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit

Recommended Equipment:7-9 wt rod. Floating line 

Recommended Flies:Clousers, Seaducers, Bendbacks, crab & shrimp patterns

Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.

Puck:
Unlocked.

This is a great trip, and a lot of fun.

Let the planning begin!

Puck

Wormdrowner:
Stopped by Swan Point last week and talked to Dave. He's looking forward to having us on that Friday. The Hell's Bay Owners are also have a soirée that weekend, so we may make some new friends that weekend.  I'll begin cranking things up this weekend, once I send Tracy to Indy for two weeks.

Looking forward to this one!

Wormdrowner:
If you haven't already done so, please verify that your name is on the sign-up sheet. When we converted to the new sheets, the names were lost. I sent emails to everyone I had on there, but a name may have been missed by mistake.  I want to make certain I have everyone listed for the trip. Thanks.

MFQ

Scott F:
I am fishing in the rodeo.
Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version