Event: Lake Calcasieu

When: November 22        
Where: Lake Calcasieu - exact area TBA       
Start  
End Time:    
Trip Leader: Skip Donovan
Phone: 713-822 - zero zero six nine       
e-mail: skipdonovan1 at sbcglobal dot net        

Trip Description: We are making a joint outing with Puck's old fly club, the Contraband Fly Casters of Lake Charles

How to sign up: Sign Up Here, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required  Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.

Cost: 

Directions: 

About the area:

Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.  ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit

Recommended Equipment:7-10 wt 

Recommended Flies:

Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.

Wormdrowner:
We are looking at a joint trip with the guys from Lake Charles Fly club to seek out bull reds. More details to follow!

Golden:
Last report a month old...what is going on.  How many of them are going, for how long are they fishing, if we go where are we staying, is there anybody from our guys going? George this is your neck of the woods. I saw that Skip put the word out. If we go are we to stay at the rod and gun club on the lake?  Kinda expensive.  CFC guys putting us up? ANYONE GOING?????

MattBlyth:
Getting excited Mike? :)

Golden:
Yeah who wouldn't... I know the ball was started to roll sometime ago but other than some recent info from Skip I have seen nothing going on. I'll call Quigley and see if this is something he's handling.

You want to go???? From my last discussion with Skip regarding the Calcasieu Flyfishing Club was they could put together a joint trip. So I am hoping we hear more about it.

I know several of us have talked about going over later in the year (Jan-Feb) taking our own boats and doing a trip to the marsh south of NOLA for the big bulls.  But this trip could be fun too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version