Salt Water Outings > Outing Information Only

Port O'Connor Jetties - May 31st

<< < (6/6)

Wormdrowner:
The lodging at POC has fallen through. We are scrambling to find somewhere to stay.  Will keep eeveryone apprised.  :o

Wormdrowner:
Golden found us a condo w/6 beds & room for a couple of air mattresses for $250/night. Details & directions to follow.

Bob:
OK, now I can't make it - future in-laws are coming to town from Washington.  :'(

Bear:
Put me down for a bed @ the condos.

Wormdrowner:
Well we made it down to POC with high hopes this past weekend. We hit Cathy's for supper on Friday and planned our attack for the next morning. We met up at Clark's to launch and mounted up our rides. Unfortunately, a certain club officer neglected a very important concept....boats don't float well without their drain plugs! After a few sheepish looks and a few minutes to get himself re-situated, we set forth for the jetties. The conditions were beautiful, with light breezes and nice water. We worked some bird flocks but didn't find any takers. A few of us hit the shore just east of the jetties and found a few schools of ladyfish which provided entertainment for awhile. We then moved to the jetties proper, but couldn't find any takers. The boats spread out over the POC area and fished various spots (Greens, Lighthouse, etc), but no one could find the magic fly that was working. Finally, after many hours of limited (at best) success, we returned to our condo for lies and libations. The next morning, several boats went out and it would appear they did have some success, but this reporter had to head back to Katy to tend to personal business.

A big thank you to all the boat captains for allowing us aboard and a thanks to Golden for helping me pull this one together during a tough personal time. Chris S will be co-ordinating the Fence Lake trip and I will be back in the saddle for the POC One-Fly.

Tight lines and most importantly, be safe!

Your intrepid Saltwater Chairman,

MFQ aka Wormdrowner

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version