Event: Christmas Bay - March

When: March 29 2014       
Where: Meet at old Ernie's Too         
Start 8:00 AM 
End Time: 3:00 PM    
Trip Leader: Michael Quigley
Phone:713-213-eight one five zero        
e-mail: MFQuigley at yahoo dot com       

Trip Description: Bring the kayak and come check out Christmas Bay. We can work the marshes and perhaps Churchill, Cold Pass & Tit-Tat bayous 

How to sign up: Sign Up Here, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.
How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here. Required  Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.

Cost: None 

Directions: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/boat/paddlingtrails/coastal/christmas_bay/  

About the area: Just SW of San Luis Pass. Quite a bit of mud. Deeper water in the bayous/canals

Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.  ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid Kit

Recommended Equipment: 8 wt rod, Kayak, PFD. Spare tire for kayak trailer (that mean YOU, Puck!)  

Recommended Flies: Clousers, bendbacks, seaducers, redfish crack, crab patterns

Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.

Wormdrowner:
Signup is open. This one will depend heavily on the winds.

Wormdrowner:
Keep your fingers & toes crossed that the wind gods cooperate!

Puck:
Topic Unlocked!

Puck

Finn Maccumhail:
I'm in and have 2 kayaks so if somebody needs to borrow one they're welcome to do so.

That being said, it's still early spring and if we get the quite common howling winds I may reconsider the trip.

Also- if anybody is willing to tie me up several redfish crack flies I'll happily pay a fair price. Whether it's cash, beer or whiskey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version