Texas FlyFishers of HoustonEvent: Christmas Bay - MarchWhen: March 29 2014 Where: Meet at old Ernie's Too Start 8:00 AM End Time: 3:00 PM Trip Leader: Michael Quigley Phone:713-213-eight one five zero e-mail: MFQuigley at yahoo dot com Trip Description: Bring the kayak and come check out Christmas Bay. We can work the marshes and perhaps Churchill, Cold Pass & Tit-Tat bayous How to sign up: Sign Up Here
, on the sign up sheet distributed at the monthly meeting or e-mail the trip leader.How to get waiver forms: Download PDF form here.
Required Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information.Cost: None Directions: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/boat/paddlingtrails/coastal/christmas_bay/ About the area: Just SW of San Luis Pass. Quite a bit of mud. Deeper water in the bayous/canals Important items:
• Member dues are current!
• Waiver of Liability, filled out and signed, along with emergency contact information. ( Can be downloaded here )
• Extra change of dry clothes
• Wind and/or water proof jacket
• Lunch, Water, snacks
• Sunscreen and Mosquito Repellant
• Hat, Polarized Glasses
• First Aid KitRecommended Equipment: 8 wt rod, Kayak, PFD. Spare tire for kayak trailer (that mean YOU, Puck!) Recommended Flies: Clousers, bendbacks, seaducers, redfish crack, crab patterns Recommended guidelines for participants:
• Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
• If inexperienced, then buddy up.
• Have proper safety equipment
• If you are boating or kayaking, inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
• Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.