Author Topic: Port O'Connor One Fly - July 26th & Jetty Clean up July 27th  (Read 1768 times)

Don Hanselman

• View Profile
Re: Port O'Connor One Fly - July 26th & Jetty Clean up July 27th
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2014, 02:08:30 PM »
Les' Lehman's place.   I still haven't found address to Les' Lehman's Place..!!

"GET THE NET IV"

bigfly55

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2014, 03:13:15 PM »
I sent you an email this morning, it is also on page three of this thread

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2014, 09:26:13 AM »
With the last minute drops, I have shuffled boat assignments around a bit. The file on page one has been updated. I will double check housing this evening and alter as necessary. I also have a spreadsheet that I'm working up to show what people owe for lodging & Friday's meal. Those in real beds will pay a bit more than those on cots. As Mary Kay and Skip have dropped, I am taking the bed they reserved. I will pay an additional premium for that.  With my leg pain, it's worth it!

We are asking everyone to pay into the lodging fund except for Martin W, John P, John S, Mike G. & Les L who are hosting people at their trailer/home. 

Friday night's meal s/b about $20. Lodging for both night will be around $40-$45 if you have a bed and $25-$30 for a cot. I have to calculate the numbers and will keep you posted.

I can't thank everyone enough for all your help in pulling this together! Maybe if we sacrifice Golden's old scooter to the fish gods, we will catch some serious fish this weekend!!! :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:27:36 AM by Wormdrowner »
333 - I'm only half bad!

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2014, 07:56:12 AM »
Okay, guys, looks like the time is upon us! Ready for the weekend... will head to POC this evening, fish tomorrow (not seriously), then looking forward to an evening grilling steaks, enjoying a few adult beverages, and listening to the TFF laughter and smack as we try to learn what fly others will be using while not divulging our secrets!

So here I sit today at work, heads down with too much to do, with my boat and truck in the parking lot fully loaded with gear, coolers, fly rods. I have to admit my heart is not really  into departmental budgets today!  ???

Looking like a banner weekend gents! Looking forward to it!

GDS
Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2014, 04:52:53 PM »
IN A COUPLE OF WORDS THE ONE FLY WAS:  AWESOME  AMAZING  BOMBASTIC  BEAUTIFUL  COOL  COMFORTABLE  'DA BOMB  DELICIOUS  ENERGIZING  ELOQUENT  FANTASTIC  FRANTIC  GIGANTIC  GREGARIOUS  HILARIOUS  HUMOROUS  INGENIOUS  INGENUOUS  JOCULAR  JOVIAL  KING-SIZED  KIBOSH  LAUGHTER  LAZY  MONSTROUS  MAGNANIMOUS  NAUGHTY  NICE  OBLIGING  OPULENT  PERFECTION  PAGANISH  QUIRKY  QUENCHING  RIBALD   RAUNCHY  SUPER  STUPENDOUS  TOPSHELF  TOMFOOLERY  UNBELIEVABLE  UNABASHED  VARIETY  VERACIOUS  WHOLESOME  WHOPPING  X-RATED  XCITING  YOUTHFUL  YUMMY  ZANY  ZESTY
WELL THAT ABOUT SUMS IT UP. AFTER THAT WEEKEND, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD TO BE A TEXAS FLY FISHER.   THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED MAKE IT POSSIBLE.
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

Wormdrowner

• Global Moderator
  • Once tried to double haul with a Pocket Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2014, 06:03:11 AM »
I think it's safe to say that those who attended had a great time!. Still some debate as to the winner between Golden & John C. Heck, I think we all won on this outing!

Seems like the fish were a bit finicky this time out. Our boat saw some really nice fish, but couldn't really get them to eat.  It was a little windy out, but we managed. 

I would like to thank everyone for their help. Every single person there pitched in to make it a great outing! Thanks to our cooking teams, boat owners and a special thanks to Les and his family for allowing us to invade his place!

Next up, Bolivar Marsh in August. Keeping it simple next month. I need a rest and to get ready for the Redfish Rodeo!
333 - I'm only half bad!

John

• View Profile
    • Flyfishing, Flytying, Saltwater
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2014, 06:45:58 AM »
Thanks MQ and crew,Les and everyone involved had a great time, with great friends and looking forward to the next one.

Golden

• Global Moderator
  • Big Trout Fear Me ...Just Ask Them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2014, 07:14:32 AM »
Big John it was great seeing you and ray there this past weekend. Your boat is the bomb! Always glad to see you.  Start making plans for the Redfish Rodeo.
Never Met A Redfish I Wouldn't Eat!

<*)))><{GOLDEN}><(((*>

GDSutherland

• Still have a Zebco 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2014, 08:31:16 AM »
Fished a lot, ate a lot, drank a lot, laughed a lot!  8)

Perfect...

Can't wait for the next one!

GDS

Is that a strike indicator or a bobber?